Discuss Insulation resistance problem in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Fair play to you mate, have to admit it is a little gauling that people are being fast tracked, your inexperience shows in your reason and rhyme however you have to get the experience somewhere, my advice would be to work under supervision for a while, I think people call lads in your situation 'improvers'. Don't think anyone would knock you for providing for a family just be careful out there....
as has been suggested earlier there is almost certainly a 'load'still connected to your circuit and it's not uncommon to find switches or joints hidden away in the most unlikely of places.

Good look to you and keep asking the questions, you will usually find the advice you are looking for. Stick at it and you will get there.

Do you have a alarm system connected to the RFC via a spur or a RCD FCU or socket?

Once you start to test in a methodical way as Davesparks as suggested things will become far more clear,I would definately mark the sockets once eliminated dont try and just remember them as you quickly get confused.

Lets hope you tested L/N on soft test on 250 v scale for obvious reasons.

I would suggest access to a tester which has a KOhm range as when testing on the Meg scale when it gives a 0.00 result you need to switch scale to find out exactaly what the reading is. Many MFT testers dont have a KOhm range !

If you get a very low reading then as a guide you can get a rough idea how far away the fault is using maths and cable resistance values!

Let us know how you get on lets hope its not unaccessible joint boxes!
HI, and sorry to interfere I have a new Fluke 1653B tester and I cant find the KOhms range, but I wonder. 1KOhm is 0.001 MOhm. isnt the tester accurate enough to read KOhms in MOhm range?

Reply to Insulation resistance problem in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock