Discuss Insulation Resistance Test with Fluke 1652 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm using a Fluke 1652c as my MFT. When I do the Insulation resistance tests at 500v - sometimes the result is displayed immediatley i.e >500 Megohms , other times the resistance seems to climb slowly, peaking around a figure. As this figure is generally massively in excess of the required 2 Megohms should I be worried about it ? Why would the level of resistance climb if the voltage remained consistent?

also, sometimes a slight bit of damp can give you a low reading, rising as the 500v dries it out.

Reply to Insulation Resistance Test with Fluke 1652 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am self-teaching fault-finding and testing, but I can't wrap my head around insulation resistance tests. From my understanding you send 500V for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just installed a brand new radial circuit for the upstairs sockets with Prysmian 2.5mm T+E, around 21 metres in length. When testing the...
Replies
Views
Kewtech are at the later stages of designing the new MFT, like all the others will be made by Kyoritsu. The new one will be largely based on this...
Replies
Views
Im getting some strange reading on a new circuit(ring main) ive installed and i was wondering if anyone else had experienced the following...
Replies
Views
Hi, This is my first post, although I have been browsing the forums for a little while now. I work in BMS and have my AM2 on friday. The nature...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock