Discuss Insulation resistance testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Could anyone help me Please with the following questions? I have an assignment to do which has a question that states, Insulation resistance testing has been carried out on the installation and the following result obtained:
Live to Live = 195 M ohms
Live to earth = 0.75 M ohms

Question 1, Determine whether these test results are acceptable.
Question 2, state the actions to be taken should the test result be unacceptable.

Thanks

Best to post up your thoughts then we can see what parts you don't understand.

Hi guys,

Could anyone help me Please with the following questions? I have an assignment to do which has a question that states, Insulation resistance testing has been carried out on the installation and the following result obtained:
Live to Live = 195 M ohms
Live to earth = 0.75 M ohms

Question 1, Determine whether these test results are acceptable.
Question 2, state the actions to be taken should the test result be unacceptable.

Thanks

I can't be arsed to do my homework - can someone do it for me! *gasp*

Okay, lets get the ball rolling. What is the minimum circuit insulation resistance required between L and E according to the regs.....or even according to your college notes?

The minimum IR according to reg is 1M ohms

Okay, according to your question you have an IR of Live to earth = 0.75 M ohms. Obviously 0.75 is less than the required 1Mohm so we know it's not acceptable, the remaining question is 'state the actions to be taken?'

Reply to Insulation resistance testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I hope you're all keeping well. I have a question regarding insulation resistance testing. Whether doing a single circuit IR test or...
Replies
Views
Quick question. I am new to electrical installation so please be patient. You guys are great at answers. Re Insulation Testing. Why if I test...
Replies
Views
Commissioning a busduct. My contractor has installed a 2000amp aluminum Busduct in a 17 floor office tower. The specifications state you...
Replies
Views
I have got these questions on 2391-52 inspection and testing but can't remember option of 1st two questions. Please any suggestion will be...
Replies
Views
Commissioning a busduct. My contractor has installed a 2000amp aluminum Busduct in a 17 floor office tower. The specifications state you should...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock