Discuss Insurance Or Client Who Pays? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I was called to a property where they had a water leak causing a fair bit damage and I have repaired or replaced what is needed but the consumer unit is old who do I charge customer or the insurance who is paying for everything else?

Any damage that was caused by the water leak should come under the insurance.
What damage was done to the CU?

from the OP, i assume that the cU is undamaged but the OP recommends upgrading due to it's age ( possibly no RCD protection for the circuits he's worked on).

Probably get shot down for this but, should you be changing the CU if it's not damaged? Yes, we all know it would be safer to, to fit a new one but still, is it absolutely required. Reg number please.

I am pretty sure that the insurance will not pay out a penny more than absolutely necessary and so if you were to ask for approval to replace the consumer unit they would say that it was not damaged and so not covered by the insurance.
Therefore you would charge your customer to change the CU.

Reply to Insurance Or Client Who Pays? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hello wise electricians of the world! I am in the UK. Recently we had a water leak which caused some damage in our home, we are currently trying...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock