Discuss inter connected smoke alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

wolfiehogan

hi guys,
can some one tell me that if you push the test button on smoke alarms, are all the inter connected alarms meant to sound too.
when i tried it today only the smoke alarm that i pressed sounded.
all the alarms are inter connected.

As far as I am aware they should both sound when either test button is pressed,
all the smokes that I have fitted do but again I suppose it could differ from manufacturer to manufacturer.:confused:
Cheers Chris

Yes they do but first the smoke that you press will sound and then keep the test button pressedand the rest should follow.

We install AICO smokes and they should all sound , whichever smoke is tested. Usually within seconds. I would think all brands are the same. Maybe you need to check your connections on the interconnect side - maybe not terminated properly.

The point of interconnection is that all alarms sound when one operates. Hold the button untill all alarms sound as the other alarms take extra time to sound.

Reply to inter connected smoke alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock