Discuss Intruder Alarm - Wired or Wireless? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Noob2013

Hi all,

What's everyone opinion on intruder alarms, is wireless the way to go now?

Obviously wireless is cheaper and easier to install but is it less reliable?

What's the pros and cons?

Cheers

Wired is and will always be the preferred method.
You will also find pro wireless intruder equipment is more expensive.

So wired where you can and add wireless where you can't. Simples

I'm quite interested in the outcome of this.
I have always thought that wired is better but then again I'm an old bugger and just remember the wireless alarms going off when taxies used to go by. I'm sure they are a lot better these days.
I know the wireless ones are more expensive but doesn't the installation time drop by lots, so offsetting the cost?

Wireless IMHO is not a good security option, just quick way to make a buck now for many companies. Most of the time in my experience, radio pirs can be far too slow to react, for the sake of battery saving. Wired is a pain to install, but in my home its the only option for me. I occasionally install wireless for a company, but hate it. I don't know how Nacoss have ever allowed them as a professional security system. Just my opinion of course..

Reply to Intruder Alarm - Wired or Wireless? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock