Discuss Intruder alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Lou7

-
Reaction score
I know its the wrong forum but does anyone know about intruder alarms, i'm replacing my old knackered panel with a new version but different terminations.

need more info. old panel type? new panel type?

need more info. old panel type? new panel type?

Old = Scantronic 9200 series
New = Optima Compact Gen4Old one had separate Entry Exit terminals, new has 8 zones does it matter which zone I use or does that all happen in the set up.
I remember the original engineer added a reset button on top of panel, that I press before setting, new one doesn't have one.
old bell terms - Trig +, Trig -, OV, TR
New bell terms T,A,D,B

Intruder alarm {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Intruder alarm {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

A and T are 0V and TR. B and D are +12v and trig -. not sure which way round, but think they are marked. use zone 1 for entry/exit.

Wire all zones the same, zone 1 is entry/exit.....all zone tampers will now have to be wired in series, and terminated in 24hr terminals.
Any zones not used, leave wire link inplace. E/T button wiring if use, not connected.
Aux + - , are the same for powering pirs,
Bell wiring of 9800 to ADE = Trig + wire to D...Trig - wire to B...ov wire to A....TR wire to T
Hope this helps

Thanks Tazz
I sussed out the tamper loop. I'm not sure if I need the reset button, I think it was to reset the indicator lamps on the vipers.

I only have door contacts and Vipers no PIR's.

I don't have a remote keypad on my system but it looks like i'll need one for programming.

The ade panel has an auto reset for vipers which is SET terminal......the 9800 reset switch fitted, i guess would go to + aux and to latch terminal on the viper. The latch terminal wire of the viper, can now wired to the ADE set terminal. On silencing the panel, the zone and viper led will stay lite, showing which viper activated, on full panel reset, all vipers and the panel will reset automatically.

On existing panel, wire from Aux to N/C button then to bunch of Red wires. So I can put the bunch into the SET terminal ? At the moment i've put them in +13v

think the button might be to drop the 12V supply to the vipers to reset them. check with a meter if it push to break ( i.e. goes open when pressed ) then it probably is.

Reply to Intruder alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock