Discuss Invoice help!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Westley wood

Hey guys...

I have just started my own company and I was wondering if anyone could help me on a invoice design. The type of invoice I was thinking of was a letter type... What's best?

As you say, I do invoices like a letter.
Top left:
Your/company name/logo
Customer's name
Customer's address
Invoice date

Top right:
Your/company address
Phone numbers
E-mail address

Centre heading:
"Invoice"

Main body:
A 3 column table: Item No., Description, Cost
with total invoice cost at bottom of column.
(Often there are only one or two items.)

Bottom:
Payment/bank details

google quickfile. invoices and all things. free up to a certain level. i use it for all my invoicing, estimates, profit and loss etc.

My invoices and written quotes (often I send simple emails for smaller quotes though) are saved as templates in MS Word. I have my details/logo etc at the top along with client details, then a big table/box with the works done. I normally put materials at the bottom of this box with any breakdown if necessary. With a second narrow box to the right with the costs in it.

I find it really quick, and can write up to maybe seven invoices in around thirty minutes. That includes saving as a PDF to then email on.

The formatting has gone all funny on the mock up below, it looks a lot neater than in the piccy. And the main box is a lot bigger than below.

Screenshot_20161110-193250.png

Last edited:
I'm sure they'll be back matey hang in there. Possibly gone out it is Friday. They posted about 6pm yesterday and perhaps he has a better nightlife than us lol

I'm sure they'll be back matey hang in there. Possibly gone out it is Friday. They posted about 6pm yesterday and perhaps he has a better nightlife than us lol

Bloody hell Dan, It was my birthday yesterday so I was feeling old enough already but that comment as finished me off, Sat on a Forum talking to people I don't know on a Friday night. :(:(

Bloody hell Dan, It was my birthday yesterday so I was feeling old enough already but that comment as finished me off, Sat on a Forum talking to people I don't know on a Friday night. :(:(
bloodyhell, you should moan...... i got exactly 7 days till i start on borrowed time according to the bible. as in 3 score years and 10. bugger it if i can't make it till i get most of my taxes back. :(

Reply to Invoice help!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net