Discuss iPhone 7 - Anybody got or getting it? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
iPhone 7 is out. Lots of controversy around the headphone jack (or lack of) - anybody got one or getting one?

Don't forget to drill the hole for the headset if you are getting one....... or a slot if you want to connect a HDMI lead.... :)

Haha I saw that in the news! As if people were actually doing it.

Hear the one when 4chan created an advert exactly as apple would, saying some model charged in the microwave? People even tried that!

As Forrest Gump used to say "Stupid is as stupid does."

I'm not getting one as I just get the cheapest contract - can't warrant paying £40 a month for a phone, so I get whatever is available for £20 a month or whatever the cheapest contract is.

However, I don't get all the fuss about the headphone jack. Last time I checked it was 2016, and we really should be doing away with these connectors. My van has bluetooth, the wife's car has bluetooth, all my entertainment gear in the house is bluetooth, I own bluetooth headphones for when I'm exercising, even my bloody on site radio has bluetooth! I'm not usually a supporter of Apple and their innovations, but in this case I applaud them and feel others should follow suit.

I've been told that the earphone battery only last 3 hours before you have to charge them up. You can't charge them up and use them at the same time though....

I've been told that the earphone battery only last 3 hours before you have to charge them up. You can't charge them up and use them at the same time though....

Possibly, but there's also more than one brand of headphones/earphones. Think mine last for about 8 hours, but the longest I've used them in one stint is a couple hours before my head starts to hurt. There is an adapter that allows hard wired for those who are stuck with a B&W TV licence and still run for cover when sirens go off. Apple have taken a lot of flack for it but sales will be the telling factor. Would I get one myself, sure when the price is right. But limited headphone/earphone support (it's not a lack of as the feature exists with an accessory) is not something that would put me off.

Adapter also got slagged off for sound quality.
Could all be from the Apple hating bunch..... Don't care myself. Too expensive. Stick with my LG.

Adapter also got slagged off for sound quality.
Could all be from the Apple hating bunch..... Don't care myself. Too expensive. Stick with my LG.

I don't get that either, the apple hating bunch I mean. Apple fan bois hating Android and Android fan bois hating Apple. I've been Android since it came out, but I've just gotten an iPhone 5s this time round for no other reason than I couldn't get a comparable Android for the same monthly cost. Horses for courses.

I don't get that either, the apple hating bunch I mean. Apple fan bois hating Android and Android fan bois hating Apple. I've been Android since it came out, but I've just gotten an iPhone 5s this time round for no other reason than I couldn't get a comparable Android for the same monthly cost. Horses for courses.

Such is life mate. Same and the Console / PC haters.. Some people just have to hate....

I've got one. Can't understand all the fuss about the 3.5mm jack, in the box they give you a 5cm lead that has the lightening connector one end and 3.5mm jack the other end. My site radio has USB, my van has USB, my car has USB so I can play music and charge phone using the lightning to USB lead as I suspect most people do

I've always upgraded since the iPhone launch but they are just too expensive now.

I'm keeping my 6 and going on a rolling £12/month contract until it dies.

Iv had the same iPhone 5s for over 2 years now and I'm now on a sim free deal so only cost £18 for 5gih data, unlimited calls, unlimited texts.

The phone is getting a little slow but I cannot justify over double the cost per month just for an upgraded handset! I used to be well into apple and had every newest MacBook pro's and every newest iPhone. No I don't give 2 s***s. As long as it does the basics, which they all do now!

Same here Gaz. Sim only on 5s and I was perfectly timed for sim only 20Gb data unlimited text and calls for 1/2 price £20 BOOM! I listen to Internet radio and live streams so the extra data is great. Wife wants a 7 and deserves one so every penny saved on mine can go to hers. Was thinking of buying one outright and then sim only but over 2 years you'll save about £8 can you believe that? That's £8 over the 2 years £4 a year - and that's why people have contracts. I did hear a figure for how much the iPhone's cost to make and it isn't close to £700!

We live in a world of upgrading every time a new "improved"model is released, this applies to more than just phones. The public are mugs for lining the pockets of these billion Dollar industries to obtain a new device which is doing the same function of the one they have replaced. My Android phone is five years old and I will replace it when it dies.

Reply to iPhone 7 - Anybody got or getting it? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net