Discuss is this dangerous in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

misslaura

hi there , im wondering if anyone can help me, ive just moved into a flat and this box thing on the wall looks dangerous with these wires not coverd up. is this dangerous? i didnt notice it when i was shown around the flat. thank you.
is this dangerous {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
[/IMG]

is this dangerous 20160908_135926 - EletriciansForums.net

not dangerous at all. those cables are insulated and sheathed. only possible deviation is the IP rating. the top cable entries should be sealed so that a probe >1mm should not penetrate into the enclosure ( IP4X). a splodge of sealer can fix.

looks a bodge but not dangerous so long as the insulation is intact, plus their double insulated cables so double safe and at that height you're unlikely to be touching 'em.
if you want to pm your address i can bob round and "investigate"

looks a bodge but not dangerous so long as the insulation is intact, plus their double insulated cables so double safe and at that height you're unlikely to be touching 'em.
if you want to pm your address i can bob round and "investigate"
bit of a jaunt , leeds to coventry.

Running the cables on the surface is actually a safer way to do it because you can see where they are and would be far less likely to drill through them than if they were buried in the wall. Granted it doesn't look pretty, but safety should always come first.

Slightly off at a tangent, there appears to be a switch in the bottom left of the picture, which is currently partially obscured by that shiny panel. Is the panel easily moveable to be able to access the switch?

I had to giggle at that - no offence Adam. Rob
Ps - awful place to either put a door (shiny or not) or trunking. There are some messes out there. Good that we all have cameras on phones!

dunno about the cables, but that decor is awful.

I had to giggle at that - no offence Adam. Rob
Ps - awful place to either put a door (shiny or not) or trunking. There are some messes out there. Good that we all have cameras on phones!

If it's not that type , it's Magnolia and twist carpets , or curled up saturated laminate.

yes it's a door... lol. and I don't think them boxes feed the house next door as switched them off a few times. there the on peak and off peak . and my decor is nown as... red. ghastly colour to have in a hallway. what was I thinking.... sarcasticly said

Reply to is this dangerous in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock