Discuss Islam in the Middle East, 'The Religion of Peace'? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Let's put that to the test then.

Islam in the Middle East, 'The Religion of Peace'? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
Islam in the Middle East, 'The Religion of Peace'? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Let's put that to the test then.

I can't see the pic, just a black box with a white x in the middle. I hate my works comp sometimes....

Damn right it is a blanket statement, that of all religion being blind nonsensical faith in a supposed god that doesn't actually exist.

If this is saying that it would be good if all religions were banned than I will agree with you on this.

not sure I agree there Spoon. I can sympathise with what your saying but religion does bring a lot of comfort and a lot of peace to millions of people. I sometimes feel a little envy of people that have "faith". If used correctly then faith must be a comforting thing. It is when religion is used, as it often is to create conflicts where it is wrong

Again I guess with possibly one of the few contributors on here that actually live in Saudi I possibly have a closer perspective on Islam, and Saudi than most.

I believe in science and evolution and not religion. God did not create Adam and Eve, as there was no Adam or Eve.
I also have a dislike of religion as there are too many nasty people out there that abuse it. Priests who mess about with kids while the church hides it. People who think they can be nasty, but it's ok cause come Sunday they will be forgiven in church...

I believe in science and evolution and not religion. God did not create Adam and Eve, as there was no Adam or Eve.
I also have a dislike of religion as there are too many nasty people out there that abuse it. Priests who mess about with kids while the church hides it. People who think they can be nasty, but it's ok cause come Sunday they will be forgiven in church...

You may claim to 'believe' in science, but you demonstrate a lack of grounding in its basic principles the minute you claim to know there is no god. You can't prove a negative, any scientist will tell you that. I'm an atheist, but I'm a real atheist, that is, one who simply has no belief in a deity. You can make an argument for the non-existence of a god, but most scientists wouldn't even bother.

You may claim to 'believe' in science, but you demonstrate a lack of grounding in its basic principles the minute you claim to know there is no god. You can't prove a negative, any scientist will tell you that. I'm an atheist, but I'm a real atheist, that is, one who simply has no belief in a deity. You can make an argument for the non-existence of a god, but most scientists wouldn't even bother.

haha.... thanks for the correction. Apparently I don't believe in science now.......
Twist my words all you want. This post is about our thoughts... I can't prove there isn't a god. Can some prove there is?

Saying you believe something is a commitment to a fact as you see it.

If I an interpreting this correctly then you are wrong mate. I can't see air but I know it exists. I bung it in a bottle and breath it underwater enough.... :)

Science can prove that "air" exists - science can't prove that God exists

But science also can't prove God doesn't exist - but we all (mostly) know where the clever money will be.

Science can prove evolution exists therefore going some way to disproving god

See, now, you should have left that one alone. Science can prove no such thing. It can support a likelihood to such a point that a theory becomes accepted wisdom, but it can't actually prove it. Leaving that aside, evolution doesn't 'exist', it happens. Or not. It is itself an abstract idea, so by definition does not 'exist'. Nice try though.

Now, is evolution through natural selection reasonable as a theory? You bet, and I subscribe to it myself. However, I'd never attempt to use a concept I don't understand to make my point for me. You seem to be using words like 'science' and 'evolution' to make a point you can't really make using either. Here's a question; does the evidence for natural selection preclude the existence of a god? Clearly, the answer is no. How do you demonstrate that evolution isn't just a beautiful process created by an intelligent, benificent God? I can't, Richard Dawkins can't and in fact nobody can. It's a scientific impossibility, and I use the word 'scientific' in its proper sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Islam in the Middle East, 'The Religion of Peace'? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock