Discuss issuing eicr in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Not personally a registered member to a scheme as I am employed to a firm that is.

i understand you obviously have to be to signed off work or issue a eic.

but what about a eicr?

I have my 2395- is this enough to issue and sign a eicr?

yes. without a shadow of a doubt. there is no requirement for you to have been suckered in by a scam to do EICRs. just that some bodies like councils and insurance companies insist on niceic because they don't know ant better.

Not personally a registered member to a scheme as I am employed to a firm that is.

i understand you obviously have to be to signed off work or issue a eic.

but what about a eicr?

I have my 2395- is this enough to issue and sign a eicr?

Maybe have a read of what is notifiable work, and what is not.

as above. you don't need to be in a scam to issue a EIC. totaly dufferent from notification, if required, on domestic work.

as above. you don't need to be in a scam to issue a EIC. totaly dufferent from notification, if required, on domestic work.

As I thought you do not have to be part of a scam as you guys love to call it ie niceic to issue a eicr.

but to issue a eic I thought you had to be a registered member or pay for building control to sign it off.

and I know what notifable work is thanks!- that wasn't the question

As I thought you do not have to be part of a scam as you guys love to call it ie niceic to issue a eicr.

but to issue a eic I thought you had to be a registered member or pay for building control to sign it off.

You don't need to be registered with anyone to issue an EICR.... equally you don't need to be registered with anyone to issue an EIC.
Notification of work to building control is a separate matter.. as already said in this thread.

Only if the work is notifiable under part P. Some domestic work will be like installing a new circuit or altering a circuit in a special location.

Part P only applies to domestic work, not commercial/industrial etc.

You don't need to be registered with anyone to issue an EICR.... equally you don't need to be registered with anyone to issue an EIC.
Notification of work to building control is a separate matter.. as already said in this thread.

Eic would be issued for a new circuit or fuse board change etc....both notifable- so both need a register member

Eic would be issued for a new circuit or fuse board change etc....both notifable- so both need a register member

Registration with a scheme makes notification easier, but does not affect the issuing of any certification required by BS7671 to a customer.

Seem to be drifting a little.

You SHOULD issue a EIC if you install a new circuit. which is notifable- so you need to be registered or notify b.c
surely any work requiring a EIC will be notifable

You SHOULD issue a EIC if you install a new circuit. which is notifable- so you need to be registered or notify b.c
Only in a domestic situation but even then, I'm not sure that all work needing an EIC is notifiable. A download of approved document P will help you out mate.

Do not go down that route.
Keep BS7617 and the building regulations separate in your mind.
The application and ramifications are different and should be considered as different.
There may well be situations where an EIC may be issued without requiring notification to building control, say on small changes to multiple circuits.

Yes, but in post 5 you said that you need to be a scheme member to issue an EIC, which you don't. You can notify work through a scheme though.
Back to your original question.... if you are going to be carrying out EICRs outside your normal work, then professional indemnity insurance is a wise move.

Yes, but in post 5 you said that you need to be a scheme member to issue an EIC, which you don't. You can notify work through a scheme though.
Back to your original question.... if you are going to be carrying out EICRs outside your normal work, then professional indemnity insurance is a wise move.

What will this cover?

What will this cover?
PI insurance covers you in case you fup and miss something. Although insurers being insurers they'll do anything to shift the blame squarely on to you so they don't have to pay out.

Reply to issuing eicr in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock