Discuss Jeremy Vine BBC radio 2 on part P in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I had to google who this Clive Holland is and am not impressed

Electrical installation topics are few and far between,the BBC could have had a better informed person to give of advice
Not once did he mention the need to test to ensure safety,the people phoning in were not reprimanded once with regard to testing

I did think this topic might make an appearance tonight! Why get a builder to give 'expert' advice on electrical matters? Last time I heard him on the Jeremy Vine show he was giving incorrect advice about safe wiring zones. Today it was part P and notifiable work he got wrong. It makes you wonder about all the other experts the show uses on other topics!

I've sent the Jeremy Vine show a link to this thread.....

The is the automated response:

"Thank you for contacting The Jeremy Vine Show.

Due to the volume of emails we receive, we cannot guarantee a reply if you have a specific question.

When you email, if you potentially wouldn’t mind a member of the team calling you back, please do include a telephone number.

We greatly appreciate your input, and you can also discuss our daily topics on the Radio 2 Facebook Page: BBC Radio 2 - https://www.------------/bbcr2

The conversations also continue on Twitter: follow BBC Radio 2 (@BBCRadio2) | Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/bbcradio2 and chat about the show with the hashtag #r2vine

If you’d like to know what music we played in a particular show, we publish a list on the programme episode pages http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wr3p/broadcasts/2013/03

If you have a complaint about a programme you should contact BBC Complaints. BBC - Complaints - Home - http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

The Jeremy Vine Show"

The customer whose house I working in today was wondering why I was loudly (might have been shouting) calling someone a big fat, bald header chain n anchor. I had to explain that the so called expert is actually a fat to$$er who wouldn't know how to lace his shoes. How he got a job on the tv and radio is beyond me.

I listened and was surprised that on a number of occasions he confused an RCD with an mcb. In fact when the lady phoned regarding being shocked by the light switch whilst papering he said turn off the mcb then carry on.....

What a ---- in the wind reply. How do you know she will turn the right mcb off, who knows if it's labelled or incorrectly labelled, who's to say it's not got a supply from another circuit..... some explanation on basic safe isolation would have been the major priority on a national radio station.

Don't you realise that the BBC like the majority of media outlets these days are only interested in a good story and not the facts. They are run by artistes and not practicians. Unfortunately those who know how tend to be controlled by bullshitters with personal agenders I.e those who think they know why! There, I think I'll have another beer!:D

Reply to Jeremy Vine BBC radio 2 on part P in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock