JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Jib card

Discuss Jib card in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sparky_Ben

what exactly do i need for electrician grade,

is it : Completed apprenticeship, 2330 level 3 or equivalent and the NVQ level 3?

or do i also need the 17th edition on the JIB site it doesnt mention it but on the ECS card site it asks for that aswell

which is it to be?

thanks

what grade am i likely to get, the college put it through for me now being complete just wondering what to expect?

is it : Completed apprenticeship, 2330 level 3 or equivalent and the NVQ level 3?

or do i also need the 17th edition on the JIB site it doesnt mention it but on the ECS card site it asks for that aswell

which is it to be?

thanks

If you have completed an advanced modern apprenticeship, got your level 3 technical certificate (2330) got your NVQ level 3 and an AM2 pass then you can get your JIB grading as an electrician. To get your Approved electrician JIB card you need all that plus 2 years as a qualified electrician plus your 2391 and 17th editon. JIB website does help

If you have completed an advanced modern apprenticeship, got your level 3 technical certificate (2330) got your NVQ level 3 and an AM2 pass then you can get your JIB grading as an electrician. To get your Approved electrician JIB card you need all that plus 2 years as a qualified electrician plus your 2391 and 17th editon. JIB website does help

Is there such a thing as an ''Advanced Apprenticeship'' in these modern days?? Or is it, when you say ''Modern'' ....does that mean anything above ''Domestic Installer'' training?? lol!!... :lipsrsealed2:

which is it to be?

thanks

Hi mate, just recently obtained a gold card for Installation Electrician status, through completing NVQ L3 (2356) now 2357, I took the 17th assessment seperately, it wasn't a requirement to obtain the card. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there such a thing as an ''Advanced Apprenticeship'' in these modern days?? Or is it, when you say ''Modern'' ....does that mean anything above ''Domestic Installer'' training?? lol!!... :lipsrsealed2:
There are still advanced modern appreticeships thank god but not as many as there should be unfortunately. 48 months long with all the trimmings. JTL and other training providers are still placing apprentices with the companoes who will take them on long may it continue!

I take your point though about the ''Modern'' ....does that mean anything above ''Domestic Installer'' training?? thats not the modern way I have in mind, thank god!!!

To obtain a JIB/ESC card, you must be considered to be qualified to the current Regulations.
Now if you have taken an exam or perhaps an NVQ3 since the introduction of the 17th edition, you should be considered as being qualified to the current edition.
If however, all your exams, and your NVQ3 date from before the introduction of the 17th, you will also require the 17th edition update exam.
My brother who has taken neither the 16th or the 17th, is considered as being 17th qualified, because he passed his 2391 after the 17th came into force.

Reply to Jib card in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock