Jib

Discuss Jib in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited:
The jib has always been a protection racket and always will, trouble is now they have rivals to 'tax you further for the honour of working for a living, Mr Brando would not be a contender -;)

Went on the JIB website couldn't find out how to apply then ended up on CAPTIVA the crb peoples website. Captiva had a link to email JIB if you've already got a JIB card and want it updating with the CRB check.

I clicked the link and emailed off this was the reply...

You will need to do it following the link at our website address. We don't deal with this in the office.
Kind regards
Angela

Anyone else actually got one yet?

Jim

Went on the JIB website couldn't find out how to apply then ended up on CAPTIVA the crb peoples website. Captiva had a link to email JIB if you've already got a JIB card and want it updating with the CRB check.

I clicked the link and emailed off this was the reply...

You will need to do it following the link at our website address. We don't deal with this in the office.
Kind regards
Angela

Anyone else actually got one yet?

Jim

It's on the opening page

Joint Industry Board for the Electrical Contracting Industry

All I get is

"Check your ECS application progress"

&

"Click here for more details"

Which takes you to the Captia site.... Which all there is, is a PDF guide and the email link which I used.
And under the apply heading it says contact JIB.

Oh well not to fussed anyway... It would only be YET ANOTHER CRB application to fill in!!

Just wondered if anyone else had been through the process yet more than actually applying my self.

Jim

CRB checks have a good side and a not so good side ! up untill 2 weeks ago i had a court case where i was accused by a low life trouble making couple 2 doors away always hassling people and he's a peeping tom to kids around here esp in summer time when most have swimming pools ! anyway the short of it was they told police me and two other people and my two autistic sons (8 & 10) at the time broke into my neighbors house and stole lots of things inc a childs trampoline (we got it 5 yrs ago and was rusty and falling apart so wedged it behind garage out of reach for kids) anyway i was at southern electric as a meter engineer (9mths) and got call from wife one day (two yrs ago) saying come home now police are here ! so i returned home and they trashed my house/garden and took the trampoline as evidence and arrested me then next day was released on bail ! 3 mths later answered my bail for 2nd time and got charged (after CPS told them charge me) anyway 6 court cases later (they kept changing statements) after almost 2 yrs and a stomach ulser (stress from losing job after being charged etc and £27k savings going to pay bills ie mortgage etc ) the guy who perchaced the house 2 yrs ago and left it empty (still empty and told police that 2 days after the other neighbors said we done it returned to check on house and nothing was taken and house was in tact ! ) went to court and after proving tramploine was mine (photos dated and recept etc )and no way could the so called witnesses have seen what they say they saw as proved (more photos proving not possible to see what they say as tree/fence in way etc) i was cleared and no case to answer was the judges words ! so after two yrs of not being able to have a CRB done as showed pending and doing 7 cleaning jobs with wife and costing me in aprox £25k in savings and £50k in lost earnings etc etc not to mention stress etc NOW i return to a clean CRB so although i do agree with CRB checks there ARE situations where its not right to disscriminate.
Regards
Kung.
P.s. got county court for repossesion of our house and another for unpaid loans took out when times were good and although offered good payments till court was sorted they refused to exept our payment offer after saying they would.
should be entitled to comp !

Last edited by a moderator:
Think your right,

I've got a mate who runs the electrical side of a very large engineering firm (can't tell you what they do because, I might was well just put his name on here)
Anyway he was a bit of a lad and did time for assault when he was in his early 20s. He's now worrying about CRB checks even though his firm knows all about his convictions.

On the flip side of the argument we don't want another Ian Huntly :mad:. Safeguarding of children, the elderly and vulnerable people should be a priority for any modern society. - (You can tell I've been to a school governors training session about this !!!)

Jim

I agree 100% my situation was malicious accusations made by low lifes just goes to show that its easy to stuff someone up you dont like ! slander seems to be legal here if i was in USA i would be able to sue them but here just seems impossible ! its the way things work im sure there are guilty people out there who havent been caught and have CRB checks done but when your innocent and cant get a CRB done it changes your view. But i do agree we dont need people with applicable convictions arround children/vulnerable people etc. Just wish that TILL PROVEN in a court of law it wouldnt affect your CRB as innocent UNTILL proven guilty.

All I get is

"Check your ECS application progress"

&

"Click here for more details"

Which takes you to the Captia site.... Which all there is, is a PDF guide and the email link which I used.
And under the apply heading it says contact JIB.

Oh well not to fussed anyway... It would only be YET ANOTHER CRB application to fill in!!

Just wondered if anyone else had been through the process yet more than actually applying my self.

Jim

If you look below the card the is a link you click on:rolleyes:

Oh i've talked the CRB thing up....

Today brown envelope from Suffolk County Council......
Yet another CRB Disclosure form to fill in...
This one's only four pages some should grumble to much.

Would anyone like a copy before I fill it in? To see what the forms like

PM me if interested.

Jim

ian some advice please have just had a crb to do the london cab knowledge can i get this one put on my jib when ie new it this year ???

At the moment you have to have separate CRB checks.
I have to have a separate CRB check for the JIB card and another for being a school governor.
Even if you a governor at two different schools you still have to have two separate CRB checks.

This is part of the reason the government are overhauling the CRB (ISA) check system.

So No in answer to your question, afraid not mate.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Jib in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net