Discuss Job interview advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

Validis

Hi guys,

Would just like a bit of advice from anyone who may be able to help! I have a job interview this week with a company. I am currently self employed and working as an electrician's mate. My main concern is, I will be going straight back to work after the interview (Interview is in the morning). I am a bit unsure of how to dress. Do I go booted and suited to make a good impression? Or will I be able to wear my work clothes (clean DeWalt Trousers and t shirt).

If the job was for an office job or similar, I can understand how it would be important to go suited and booted and then rechange for work. Do I treat this interview in the same manner, or will the company completely appreciate that I am ready to go straight back to work after? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

I am old school and always go suited and booted...first impressions count!

Edit: sorry old age setting in and forgot to say goodluck

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the suit and boot (you could keep your boots and overalls in the van / car and change)

I would also suggest look into the company and find out their history- it's good to let them know you have taken an interest in their company

Thanks for all the replies! So glad that you guys have gave me a definitive answer. Now I wont feel out of place, at least! Washing all my formal gear as we speak. Thanks again! I'll take my work clothes in a bag, and get changed in our cabin on site. Shouldn't be a problem with that!

Reply to Job interview advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need to conduct interviews with experts in the relevant field for my university project. The topic and product that I’m developing a...
Replies
Views
Hi to everyone, this is my first post so if is been already asked/answered please guide me to the relevant discussion/thread. I don't know...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post so please advise if there is a more appropriate board! I have recently applied...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock