Discuss jobs advertised in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
See two jobs advertise today made me laugh 1 was part p with 17th ed with experience up for £14ph long contract and the other qualified sparky with jib card 2391 etc at £13.50 an hr ???? Well is the Electrical Trainee courses better of lol

I am not saying that part p is in anyway superior to a fully qualified sparks, no way its a joke but, I've just found out that they have revised the part p course now so that instead of being a mickey mouse few day thing, it is now a full academic year course, well day release or two evenings a week for 34 weeks.
This will surely thin a few of the fly by knights out do you think??
Think its gonna cost about 500 quid too!

Standard rate of pay on the agencies down my way... Lucky to get 14's to be fair £13.80 with flat overtime rate is what you usually get with the ones not jumping to do the overtime at flat rate getting the boot after a few weeks :sad_smile:

I've been offered as low as £12 before to which I laughed at and told them they were killing the industry, but have seen jobs advertised for 17th edition and 2391 for £9ph

Trouble is too many people have mortgages to pay, kids to feed to stand up and unite as one for better wages. Someone will always do the job for 20p less than you and the next guy will do it for 20p less then them. So now even when the demand gets high we are conditioned to accept it because that's what we are told we are worth...

Hell my mother runs her own cleaning business and demands 12's on some jobs :mad2:

part p training doesnt make the slightest bit of difference to the agency jobs market as its mostly commercial work and they want JIB gold cards for that game , and your average Electrical Trainee hasnt a sniff of getting 1.

Reply to jobs advertised in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net