Discuss Just ordered myself my first ever drill..... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
And its a dewalt!!!!!!!

Found this on screwfix and had a 5 pound voucher so for 95 pound i couldnt argue....

Dewalt DC100KA-GB 18V Cordless Combi Drill - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

What do you think??

A

For the money i couldnt argue im just starting my second year of college next week so im not a full time spark or anything do wont have loads of constant hammer or drilling huge holes. Just for general perpose stuff.

A

My makita when iffy a few months ago so screwfix replaced it with an erbaur (spelling?) havent been keen on it, ok for light work but hammer work sems to shake it apart.

My makita when iffy a few months ago so screwfix replaced it with an erbaur............

I would have been straight back there and had a few words if that had been me:D

Since when does their own brand become a like for like replacement of a Makita??

My makita when iffy a few months ago so screwfix replaced it with an erbaur (spelling?) havent been keen on it, ok for light work but hammer work sems to shake it apart.

when my makita went wrong they was going to replce like for like or give money back i chose to upgrade ;)

watch the dewalts dude... my company have 4 24volt hammers with ni-cd batterys, 1 18v combo with ni-hm batts which is mine and 3 14.4v with ni-cds. and they all have problems..

Especially mine where 1 of the batterys is mo'fo'd and wont even charge and the other one is going the same, yet i've got a bosch 24Volt which is about 7years old and has not got a problem with it.

In fairness they gave me a choice of a refund or an alternative upto the same value so its my fault for choosing it really, they's stopped doing the same makita and i didnt have any extra cash to spend.

watch the dewalts dude... my company have 4 24volt hammers with ni-cd batterys, 1 18v combo with ni-hm batts which is mine and 3 14.4v with ni-cds. and they all have problems..

Especially mine where 1 of the batterys is mo'fo'd and wont even charge and the other one is going the same, yet i've got a bosch 24Volt which is about 7years old and has not got a problem with it.

Thats no problem one of my very best friends works for the company that makes and designes the batterys for makita, bosch etc so im sure if i get battery problems he can upgrade them :p

A

bought one of those myself and seems fine, 1.3Ah battery a bit small but at leaset it is light. use the sds mains drill for most of the heavy drilling so no prob. Have heard that dewalt can be a bit iffy and was told to go for bosch or makita (what I wanted but price a bit steep at the time).

Have been using the milwaukee 28V cordless drills for a while now. Very good quality & no complaints.

My first drill was a Bosch blue power 18v combi still going strong 7 years old, though it has been passed down to my have a go hero father and is currently on Diy duty. Have currently got Hilti and protool stuff, personally now having had a 36v SDS drill i would never go back to a combi drill gutless for masonry holes,then get a cheaper lighter drill driver for Hss drilling and screwing. I have mates that swear by Dewalt, I can always tell when there using them on site as it smells like a scalelectrics induro event,they must be using the same motors or something :). O/P sure it'll be a great starter drill but seriously as soon as you can get an SDS.

Reply to Just ordered myself my first ever drill..... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net