Discuss Kewtech KT61 tester RCD in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

Hoofhearted

Hi
I am currently learning inspect and test, a friend gave me a meter to play with, a kewtech KT61, now the problems is that i cant find any reference to a 5x rcd test, however i have seen reference to someone with one of these meters on this forum that says he did a 5x test with it, there's nothing in the manual about it.

Could anyone on here who knows these meters please tell me if it is possible to do a 5x test and if it is , how to set the meter to do it

If not, then what other meters would i need as i intend to do my 2394/5 this year thanks :)

....ref. to other thread
http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/electrical-tools-products/21848-kewtech-kt61-test-meter.html

The KT61 can do a 5x RCD test for 30mA RCDs only. Set the RCD switch to "150 fast". (This information is in the manual.)

Ah thank you
I was looking at the X1/2 and X1 knob as the meter i was using the other day had x/12 x1 and x5 switch and i thought the RCD knob was just to select the setting for the RCD, bit of a noob, all a bit chaosy in my head at the moment ;)

thanks again :)

No worries, "150 fast" is a really weird way of describing it!

Good luck for when you take your exams. :)

Turns out the meter was faulty after sending it back to Kewtech, got a big discount on a KT63, paid £330 for it, got it yesterday so all good now :)

Reply to Kewtech KT61 tester RCD in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock