Discuss Kilimanjaro Climb in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave_

-
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm tackling the above next month to help raise money for a struggling family in Northern Ireland, and it's all through our glorious industry, please do read on:

The Electrical Industries Charity is set for a Kilimanjaro challenge which aims to raise £100,000 to help the Hendrie family to re-build their lives.

Christopher Hendrie, aged 32 was a well-respected electrician, a loving husband and a father of two who lost his fight to the rare form of Cholangiocarcinoma cancer which is commonly known as Bile duct cancer on 31 October 2014.

The Hendrie family’s life changed within the period of ten days. On 25 August 2014 Christopher and his wife Gillian found out that they were expecting their third child, but their happiness was short-lived as ten days later Christopher was diagnosed with an extremely rare form of cancer. Nine weeks later after having intensive radiation and chemotherapy treatments, Christopher sadly passed away on 31 October 2014, with his wife by his side and without seeing the birth of his third child.

Christopher was not eligible for a life insurance due to his existing genetic autoimmune disease, and his family has been left with nowhere to turn. To help lift this heavy burden and to build a future for the family, the Electrical Industries Charity has set the Mount Kilimanjaro fundraising challenge and is hoping to raise £100,000 by February 2017.

Thanks for reading!

I have thoroughly enjoyed working in the the electrical industry for the past 13 years and see this as a way of giving something back.

If you are able to donate please do visit my just giving page and make a donation.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...ion?userUrl=EICChallengeforaCause&isTeam=true

Thanks so much!

Dave Gilbert

Reply to Kilimanjaro Climb in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net