Discuss Kitchen Cooker Isolation Switch, Dishwasher And Washing Machine Spurs in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

saw it mentioned on a thread, although i cant find it?
What about dry-lining .........................what about stud partioning........................... covered in the terms of fabric i guess.

no solid proof mate! IF SOMEONE IN THE FORUM KNOWS OF THIS RULE OR HAS SOLID REGULATION NUMBERS, WOULD BE KINDLY APPRECIATED? MAYBE ITS A QUESTION I SHOULD POST ON A NEW THREAD ME THINKS??? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

There is no solid proof ..................what constitutes the fabric of a building. A stud partion wall start off as a lump of 4x2 screwed into the wall, floor and ceiling , you then stud and baton it out and fit plasterboard to it, and more than likely you fit sockets and light switches into it, so why would that be any more part of the fabric of the builiding than a kitchen base unit secured to the wall.

Providing the FCU is secure and not liable to damage, then it is acceptable, though IMO not the best way to install an accessory.

Exactly. NOT THE BEST WAY. said it yourself. maybe im just to prim and proper. I WOULDNT DO IT. fix accessories in units and to sides of cupboards. and i wont be slated for it either.

If i dont know what im going on about hows malcolm going yo know:D

lol....................like it. Wire It I appreciate your stance on this, and in many ways I agree, but that is your opinion and good on you for it. But fitting a FCU or a DP switch in a cupboard is accepted, if not the best practice and is done in many installations.

The bottom line to it is that as a designer you would not do it, as a designer I would not do it either, but if someone decides that it is the only option open to them then yes you can do it, as your interpreting that base unit secured to the wall as part of the fabric of the building. If the base unit caught fire then as the designer you would need to explain why you thought that was the best way to install it.

Put it another way, if you were doing a PIR would you code it?

i see what your saying and its been a good conversation i think wouldnt you agree, it was knocking around my head and im glad we could talk about it. YES, if i was designing it, and it was a NEW install i wouldnt do it.

HOWEVER, if 2 weeks later it became apparent something wasd missed off, and you did not want to damage cosmetics of the job, CUPBOARD all the way!!

Reply to Kitchen Cooker Isolation Switch, Dishwasher And Washing Machine Spurs in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net