Discuss Kitchen sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

NORMALLY they are 900-920 mm high, another thing to consider is if you are having a tiled splashback, if you have 100 mm tiles then it may make it easier to line them with the top or bottom of the tile

cos im nice ive measured mine and its 3ft from floor to top of worktop and sockets are 6inches above. Just to give you something to compare your measurements with :)

I've done a new build recently and when I measured the socket height of an exisitng worktop to get an idea the top of the socket was 1200mm from the floor. This is a high as you can go on a brand new install.

Talk to the client, you need to know the height of the splashback/size if tiles. Do they want the sockets above the tiles or on the tiles?

All you are concerned with is that there is a large enough gap between the worktop and socket to allow for the flex. Other than that why get involved? let someone else make the decision.

andyb is right put the ball in there court after all it is their kitchen. as long as the sockets aren't below 150mm (centre of socket) of the top of worktop.

andyb is right put the ball in there court after all it is their kitchen. as long as the sockets aren't below 150mm (centre of socket) of the top of worktop.

Thanks for that quince but I must say I agree with sparks that 150mm seems a bit over the top as a minimum.

Reply to Kitchen sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock