Discuss kitchen sockets in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Methinks it's simples just a basic case of Simples methinks, and that's about the size of the matter.
If you're looking for a simple answer, women and children first, but the Titanic could sink even if you obey the regs so they can simply be disregarded.
And that's about the size of it, as the crow flies (as the actress said to the bishop).
When all's said and done, at the end of the day, it gets dark.
Regs don't apply on boats.

I would have thought the 300mm recomendation had the possibility of an appliance or cord dropping in to the bowl containing water, rather than any percieved risk of touching a sink and a socket at the same time

The way I look at it,that sort of risk could occur anwhere in the installation
A socket near a rad or a socket near a boiler,they dont present any more risk to the user than a socket near a sink top

If you have doubts about its location,move it away or, make it suitable for the environment

I think its a building reg recomendation.its not set in stone,however,if there is little available space for a socket,theres probably even less for the appliance

Des has hit the nail on he head. It has to be suitable for the environment it is installed in. If the distance from the sink results in the likelyhood that the socket is subject to splashes, excessive water vapour, etc it must appropriatley rated or protected.

Reply to kitchen sockets in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi All, This might be a bit of an odd question, I would really appreciate your thoughts. I am trying to up-date my mum's home, before putting it...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'd like to seek your input on a matter. I'm in the process of designing the electrical connections for the following kitchen...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock