Discuss Labelling in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Loui Palmer

Hi
Regarding labeling of DB's. I have been informed that stickers are not to be used on DB units and that plastic/ traffolyte labels are to be screwed on.

Are these regulations or just a preferred method. This was whilst working at a train station.

Thanks in advance

Not really regs but Usually depends on the spec of the job your on

some jobs dont like sticky labels as they are not as hard wearing and can peel off

i would say that any label is better than none, one of my pet hates, no excuses for it

Hi
Not looked in regs. yet, should have done first!, I will do tonight.

But believe it states where and when but not sure it specifies materials to be used.

I doubt you’ll find any regulation regarding the way labels are fixed. Our company standards issued to contractors specified traffolyte labels to be fixed using 3.5mm screws. Being a railway station they’ll have their own specification.

Hi
Regarding labeling of DB's. I have been informed that stickers are not to be used on DB units and that plastic/ traffolyte labels are to be screwed on.

Are these regulations or just a preferred method. This was whilst working at a train station.

Thanks in advance
Customer request more than likely, it is quite normal in industry, some boards have rough exteriors and sticky labels can fall off.

We often use Traffolite labels which are secured by 3M double sided tape. The only way they come off is if a layer of the substrate comes with or a layer of Traffolite remains behind. It's not cheap but if it's used correctly that tape is the dogs knees or the bees undercarriage.

If it's very big labels we sometimes use clinchnuts in the panel and pan head machine screws with nylon washers to fix the labels, probably something similar to Tony's suggestion.

It doesn’t matter what you normally do, you do what the customer specifies otherwise you’ll be redoing the job.

I’ve had several arguments with contractors thinking they can change the specification because they couldn’t be bothered to drill the panel front.

It doesn’t matter what you normally do, you do what the customer specifies otherwise you’ll be redoing the job.

I’ve had several arguments with contractors thinking they can change the specification because they couldn’t be bothered to drill the panel front.
when i say what we normally do, thats because most of our work is for the same trust.

in Worcester for example labels are screwed and fixed to the wall or next to isolator (there spec)

our own choice if there not fussed is to use push pins as we find them very good

I know the tape Marvo mentioned and to be honest I’d have no problem with it. The trouble being my boss would be giving me earache for allowing it so I’m afraid the specification has to be followed.

We always supplied all materials so the contractor would be give the isolators, boards or whatever along with predrilled labels. Not difficult is it?

Reply to Labelling in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock