Discuss Labour Leadership in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don't claim to be a Cameron fan, nor am I a polico, but I would like to know what the forum think of the Labour leader's reluctance to to agree with the majority about tackling ISIS.

I wonder if he would change his mind it the Terrorists bombed his area, I hope the Labour MPs are allowed to vote how they want and not follow what I consider an idiot is saying, I'm sure there will be attacks in the UK although I sincerely hope not, freedom of speech Mr Corbyn.

I know but this idiot could put the mockers on us helping the rest of Europe deal with ISIS idiots, or am I wrong?

To be honest I haven't got a clue what he stands for - and I don't suspect he does either.

As for Isis - I'm not sure sending in hundreds of bombers is the answer - its not like bombing a "visible" army!

corbyn should dye his silly beard black and join them in sillya

but I would like to know what the forum think of the Labour leader's reluctance to to agree with the majority about tackling ISIS.

The majority ?

What have you based that massive assumption on ? Polls don't count BTW

I think it would be pointless to add our couple of airworthy planes to those already large numbers out there - its looking like Cameroon just wants to join in with the big boys. We've spent 100s of years messing about in the affairs of other countries, that's coming back to haunt us now - maybe one day this Country will start learning from its mistakes and keep out.

Anyone who thinks killing people who kill people is an intelligent solution is a fool, a dangerous one.

Starve them of everything they need to operate, stop country's (some of whom we supply arms to) from financing them, stop them selling oil, cease their internet connectivity ..... there's so much more we should have been doing years ago.

But, wars are proven opportunities for some to make their fortunes - Maggie dug herself out of a massive hole of unpopularity by going to war, so perhaps there's reasons why this poisonous snake wasn't for rid of years ago.

The majority ?

I think it would be pointless to add our couple of airworthy planes to those already large numbers out there - its looking like Cameroon just wants to join in with the big boys. We've spent 100s of years messing about in the affairs of other countries, that's coming back to haunt us now - maybe one day this Country will start learning from its mistakes and keep out.

Anyone who thinks killing people who kill people is an intelligent solution is a fool, a dangerous one.

Starve them of everything they need to operate, stop country's (some of whom we supply arms to) from financing them, stop them selling oil, cease their internet connectivity ..... there's so much more we should have been doing years ago.

But, wars are proven opportunities for some to make their fortunes - Maggie dug herself out of a massive hole of unpopularity by going to war, so perhaps there's reasons why this poisonous snake wasn't for rid of years ago.

Allegedly Isis are selling oil to Turkey - and the EU want to "fast track" Turkey into EU membership - talk about a conflict of interest!

At the end of the day the legitimate government of Syria have requested assistance from the Russians, in the same way the government of Iraq has requested the UK/US/EU for help to tackle ISIS, whenever Assad requests western intervention that's when Cameron should consider it.

Last year Cameron wanted to bomb Syria to take out Assad, now he wants to bomb Syria to take out ISIS. (ISIS were the rebels last year).

At the end of the day the legitimate government of Syria have requested assistance from the Russians, in the same way the government of Iraq has requested the UK/US/EU for help to tackle ISIS, whenever Assad requests western intervention that's when Cameron should consider it.

Last year Cameron wanted to bomb Syria to take out Assad, now he wants to bomb Syria to take out ISIS. (ISIS were the rebels last year).

And I think we should keep out of it!

Allegedly Isis are selling oil to Turkey - and the EU want to "fast track" Turkey into EU membership - talk about a conflict of interest!

And then there's the treasures being sent to Saudi in return for "favours" - of course Saudi are our friends apparently so we can't mention their dirty dealing.

It's very easy for folks sat in Parliament to make decisions that will result in the deaths of innocents, with the great possibility of the situation getting vastly worse - perhaps if they'd experienced armed conflict, or seen the immediate aftermath they might put their illogical political elegancies aside and vote with intelligence and compassion.

Russia is already bombing the sh*t out of them, Syrian army had delivery of russian T-90 tanks recently, let them finish off the business.

Russia is already bombing the sh*t out of them, Syrian army had delivery of russian T-90 tanks recently, let them finish off the business.

That's not quite correct, the Russians are bombing the c rap of anyone who shows signs of affecting the Russians longstanding massive military assets within Syria, and that includes the many groups of so called moderates who the US have been physically supporting, and based on the nonsense argument Cameroon used the other day, will form the anti Isis army and prop up the next Syrian Government.

The majority ?

Of MPs

Taking out ISIS will be quite straight forward if there is a collective will and that will is coming after Paris. Bombing alone will not succeed even the gulf war of shock and awe only achieved so much, it took boots on the ground to finish it, whether that will come is another thing.

The main concern for the West is "the enemy within" and unfortunately there is a percentage of Muslims in the west that are in that category. Being in Saudi for all these years I think I have quite a good grasp on Islam, though no expert.

The cliche of "the majority are peace loving" is quite accurate, though not entirely true. They do have doctrines and they beleive rigourously in them. If and when, and it is only a matter of when we join in in Syria that enemy within will strike.

It is how we deal with them that is more of a concern for me

That's just another assumption isnt it.

Maybe you know something the Cameroon chap doesn't know, as of this date there's not been a vote so no one knows.

I'd bet a lot of money that if the public were asked to vote, they'd vote against, hopefully having learnt to our very recent mistakes.

A fair number of MPs are rather prone to selective memory loss when it suits their political ambitions so I'd not be so confidant of them doing the right thing.

The main concern for the West is "the enemy within" and unfortunately there is a percentage of Muslims in the west that are in that category. Being in Saudi for all these years I think I have quite a good grasp on Islam, though no expert.

The cliche of "the majority are peace loving" is quite accurate, though not entirely true. They do have doctrines and they beleive rigourously in them. If and when, and it is only a matter of when we join in in Syria that enemy within will strike

The same can be said for just about every other religion, our home grown religions have caused a fair amount of deaths and trauma over the years - the apparently acceptable form of indoctrination in our so called society is just rather more subtle these days.

Fortunately there are very few doctrines that actively encourage mass suicide as a weapon........and that is where you have the teriffying difference from other factions.

Apart from Kamakaze in WW II there is little modern day experience in how to deal with such fanaticism

Fortunately there are very few doctrines that actively encourage mass suicide as a weapon........and that is where you have the teriffying difference from other factions.

Apart from Kamakaze in WW II there is little modern day experience in how to deal with such fanaticism

That may well be an ISIS tactic, its certainly not an Muslim doctrine

Most parts are London are probably within reach of folks suitable equipped to deal with an "event" in the same way as the French did, I doubt we've got the resources anywhere else.

Reply to Labour Leadership in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net