Discuss LADDERS - Which make to buy? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

google "CLOW LADDERS" dont know how prices compare but qualitys excelent I go a 3 section 3mtr combi they are rock solid so far

I bought 3 sets from Midland Ladders and they are superb. I am quite a heavy lad (126kg) but they are solid and show no signs of any future problems. I bought a triple 4m and double 3m and a double 4m cat ladder. Had them delivered within 5 days at no cost and the 2 standing ladders came with some nifty feet and are really solid.

If you are doing a lot of work from a ladder I would also recommend buying a microlite, I think Midland do a copy of it on their site. With this attached all you need to do is ratchet a strap low down and you get a very solid solution without the need of someone footing them.

Hi Alarm man,

I am sooooooooo loving these ladders, only slight thing is that I am doing this part time at the moment at I hardly use ladders, these are about x3 more than the Titan's in my link. I do like the idea of stabilisers though... I know cost should NOT be a consideration when buying saftey equipment and I am sure these would be a sound investment. just money is very tight at moment... so unless everyone can convince me that i really shoudl buy these? I must admit the design of stabilisers look great. The picture on the web link is rather poor, will see if I can find some better pics on line.

Thanks
Martin

I cant recommend ramsay ladders enough Buy Ladders Online

When i first started my gaffer would only ever buy ramsay ladders, I had my first set for about 15 years - a set of te3.0mf and only had to replace them when we got smaller company vans, in which case i now have the te2.5mf.
Always had the circular rubber feet as optional extra as the environment I work in is always wet underfoot, and these feet actually suck on to the floor - some occasions its a struggle to get the ladders off the floof!! Obviously ladders tied top/bottom/footed as per any ra/sms or site specific requirement :)

I have never, and would ever entertain working/using anything other than class1 industrial.

Always go for the ladders where safety features are at a premium. Never compromise in this area. Too many people risk serious injury or worse because they tried to save a few bucks

a ladder is a bloody ladder. the safety features are in your head. used sensibly, no decent ladder is a safety risk.

Try telling that to my husband who was laid up in hospital for days with a broken eye socket and displaced shoulder! My message was to not compromise as we had done. The safety catch gave way with awful consequences! You said it yourself 'decent ladder', and I was saying just that if you read my post! So how can a "ladder is a bloody ladder" be true? Contradiction in terms springs to mind!

Always go for the ladders where safety features are at a premium. Never compromise in this area. Too many people risk serious injury or worse because they tried to save a few bucks

For a first post this is a cracker just wondering what safety features you look for

No ladders seem to come with that premium safety feature called COMMON SENSE no matter how much you pay

Can't help thinking of that advert "I was given the wrong ladder" prompts the response "well why the !!!! did you use it if you knew it was wrong"

Seen some aluminium ladders in Home Depot in California had 16 different warnings on them one was dont use against live electricity cables ................Duh

For a first post this is a cracker just wondering what safety features you look for

No ladders seem to come with that premium safety feature called COMMON SENSE no matter how much you pay

Can't help thinking of that advert "I was given the wrong ladder" prompts the response "well why the !!!! did you use it if you knew it was wrong"

What a Friendly bunch we have here! You are missing my point, here is a quotation that might get my message across...bearing in mind that there are thousands of falling accidents a year many attributed to poor ladders that lack safety features.
[h=3]"Safety concerns[/h]The American Ladder Institute, the industry's major trade group, has attributed ladder injuries mostly to misuse and improper selection. But shoddy design and construction may add significantly to those injuries, judging by some of the testing we've done in our labs.
For example, steps on some 6-foot stepladders--the most popular type--bent under a higher-weight version of the industry's step-strength test we used to account for the stresses of climbing and weight-shifting. And we found that even the most stable stepladders twisted enough for their feet to "walk" slightly when we stood on them and simulated the weight shifting typical when painting or sanding. Some telescoping and multi-use ladders could also crush hands and fingers, and had feet that slid out easily."

Try telling that to my husband who was laid up in hospital for days with a broken eye socket and displaced shoulder! My message was to not compromise as we had done. The safety catch gave way with awful consequences! You said it yourself 'decent ladder', and I was saying just that if you read my post! So how can a "ladder is a bloody ladder" be true? Contradiction in terms springs to mind!

Begs the question was he using the correct ladder and if the catch broke did he not inspect or notice a potential fault on his ladder before he used it

What a Friendly bunch we have here! You are missing my point, here is a quotation that might get my message across...bearing in mind that there are thousands of falling accidents a year many attributed to poor ladders that lack safety features.
"Safety concerns

The American Ladder Institute, the industry's major trade group, has attributed ladder injuries mostly to misuse and improper selection. But shoddy design and construction may add significantly to those injuries, judging by some of the testing we've done in our labs.
For example, steps on some 6-foot stepladders--the most popular type--bent under a higher-weight version of the industry's step-strength test we used to account for the stresses of climbing and weight-shifting. And we found that even the most stable stepladders twisted enough for their feet to "walk" slightly when we stood on them and simulated the weight shifting typical when painting or sanding. Some telescoping and multi-use ladders could also crush hands and fingers, and had feet that slid out easily."

Not sure what you expect we are a friendly bunch your first post didn't make any sense then you back it up with some sketchy details of an accident involving a faulty ladder that had been used in your second post

What point am I or others on here missing you now you back up your original post with a quote from which makes no reference to cost and clearly states "The American Ladder Institute has attributed ladder injuries mostly to misuse and improper selection" which is the major factor in ladder use of which we are all aware.

As with all equipment regular maintenance checks for damage or possible failure are a must and the false economy is not scrapping faulty ladders due to replacement cost which I hope wasn't the case in the accident you mention

Begs the question was he using the correct ladder and if the catch broke did he not inspect or notice a potential fault on his ladder before he used it

Not sure what you expect we are a friendly bunch your first post didn't make any sense then you back it up with some sketchy details of an accident involving a faulty ladder that had been used in your second post

What point am I or others on here missing you now you back up your original post with a quote fromwhich makes no reference to cost and clearly states "The American Ladder Institute has attributed ladder injuries mostly to misuse and improper selection" which is the major factor in ladder use of which we are all aware.

As with all equipment regular maintenance checks for damage or possible failure are a must and the false economy is not scrapping faulty ladders due to replacement cost which I hope wasn't the case in the accident you mention

Oh dear. Why has such a simple observation caused this excessive feedback Lol! You get what you pay for and in the case of the step ladders we possessed they were cheap and clearly not up to the job. The household ladders we have now were not cheap and are loaded with safety features that work! Simple as that really, nothing profound I grant you, but thats all I was saying. Sorry if my simple observation, that is close to my heart (for obvious reasons) was a 'cracker' Feel free to add some more big words if it helps you feel significant, but it really was a simple statement that you have twisted into something else. As for my first post, sorry, I didnt realise I was on trial. Funny!!

Hey chaps, this thread was over two years old.. well until Mrs Broken husband came on here.

Maybe though, just maybe if he had followed the rules as set out on the UK Ladder Institute he would be fine, as our EU regulations are so much safer.

What? A ladder is a bloody ladder. the safety features are in your head. used sensibly, no decent ladder is a safety risk.
Duh! What a cracking post! Ive decided that this forum is very entertaining...

Reply to LADDERS - Which make to buy? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net