Discuss Landlord Compliance - Query over documents in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

Fiona Pearson

Hello,
I hope one of you can help. I am a landlord of a buy to let property. The estate agents are instructed to manage however I'm not quite sure they know what they're talking about in relation to EiRC's.
I've got a condition report (attached) which says unsatisfactory. The estate agents contractor has since carried out works at my expense (which I approved) in order to provide a satisfactory report however all they have given me is a works certificate (attached). They're now saying that the premises are compliant but I have no condition report to prove it. Only an email from the estate agent saying that these two reports should be read in conjunction as they now prove the property is compliant. Can anyone confirm they're correct? I'm concerned that should the house ever blow up (exaggeration I know!) that the insurers won't pay out as I don't have a valid condition report saying that the house is satisfactory. Really look forward to hearing from you with advise.
Many thanks
Kind regards
Fiona

I agree with the estate agent, the works carried out by the remedial contractor have resolved the issues from the EICR and they can be used in conjunction with each other. However looking at the Test Results page from the Installation Certificate the column for "overcurrent protective" device should state 61009 and not 60898 and there are no rcd readings for circuit 2. The "cpc size" for circuit 2 should be 2.5 and not 4.0.

I agree with the estate agent, the works carried out by the remedial contractor have resolved the issues from the EICR and they can be used in conjunction with each other. However looking at the Test Results page from the Installation Certificate the column for "overcurrent protective" device should state 61009 and not 60898 and there are no rcd readings for circuit 2.
Thank you so much for the response Westward10. Very helpful. Thank you.

I agree with the estate agent, the works carried out by the remedial contractor have resolved the issues from the EICR and they can be used in conjunction with each other. However looking at the Test Results page from the Installation Certificate the column for "overcurrent protective" device should state 61009 and not 60898 and there are no rcd readings for circuit 2. The "cpc size" for circuit 2 should be 2.5 and not 4.0.

How do you work that out?

How do you work that out?
Was a bit of an assumption because all the rcd readings are different, if it were dual rcd a would have expected two sets of readings the same.

I compared the ring final Zs readings between the two because the EIC seem wrong, the EICR totally different I know different meters and all that but never the less.

Hello,
Thank you so much for this. I'll go back to the estate agent then and inform. Thank you so much both.
Fiona

Can anyone confirm they're correct?
They are absolutely correct. The Certificate proves that the remedial work complies with BS 7671:2008 (2015) (and therefore that it is safe). You should not receive an altered Electrical Installation Condition Report - a new EICR would require a new periodic inspection and test of the property which would be pointless.

However looking at the Test Results page from the Installation Certificate the column for "overcurrent protective" device should state 61009 and not 60898 and there are no rcd readings for circuit 2. The "cpc size" for circuit 2 should be 2.5 and not 4.0.
Haven't looked at all of that but at a brief glance of the EICR they have used the term "live" incorrectly to mean line/phase conductor.

They also have coded "incorrectly" protected lighting circuit with a 16A circuit breaker which they claim should be 6A. The cable is listed as 2.5/1.5 T&E so I am curious how they have come to that conclusion.

They are absolutely correct. The Certificate proves that the remedial work complies with BS 7671:2008 (2015) (and therefore that it is safe). You should not receive an altered Electrical Installation Condition Report - a new EICR would require a new periodic inspection and test of the property which would be pointless.

If that was the case shouldn't the new EIC refer back to the EICR ?

Smacks of a "your plastic CU is illegal" .....

Dare I ask how much you paid for the work? and make sure you get your LABC Part P certificate too.

Reply to Landlord Compliance - Query over documents in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock