Discuss Large Volt Drop in ring circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It can't be that bad if it highlighted the problem,
Not all bad , I'm angry with myself for believing in it ,and falling in the same trap again.
( Its inteligence - fogs the process at times )
Probably where the Nice round numbers come from !
( Now embarrassed at how wrong I was )

Last edited:
It can't be that bad if it highlighted the problem, I just need more time to retest the whole system starting at the connections in the CU:)

wjat fault are you expecting to find in the CU connections? Or is it a random guess?

Did you measure the 60V open circuit or with any load connected?
Did you carry out an earth fault loop impedance test of the circuit?
Did you observe any appliances working correctly whilst plugged in to an affected socket or do you only have the customers word for it?

Is that when my Spark symbol shows 230+/- 5% (on his Fluke)
Or just anything over " safe" 50V ?
(warning energised)
test voltage 50vIndicates the preset fault voltage limit. The default setting is 50 V. Some locations require the fault voltage be set to 25 V, as specified by local electrical codes. Press  when you turn on the tester to toggle the fault voltage between 25 V and 50 V. The value you set will appear on the display and will be saved when you turn the tester off. 

Reply to Large Volt Drop in ring circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys. Having a weird problem in a house that has suddenly happened. One half of the ring main has 240ish volts (fluctuates of course), and...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've got an electrical ring circuit that looks somewhat like the drawing below, where the blue sockets are part of the main ring and...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock