Discuss Latching relay circuit for thermal store in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Rich d

Hi everyone. Hoping someone can help. I'm using a recently qualified electrician to carry out the following work but he wants me to tell him what I want and supply parts for wiring to lpg boiler/thermal store. I would like to have two pipe thermostats on flow and return to store (as close as pos to store). I have an existing hw programer which I thought could call for heat at set times and if highest stat was 50c or less it would turn on small circulating pump/boiler. Once the bottom stat reached 70c ish it would turn the pump and boiler off until the top one then went back down to 50c. Im pretty sure I need a latching relay but really not sure how to wire it all and exactly what parts I will need.
Would be great if someone could draw a diagram to help and tell me what bits I need. Many thanks

I have no idea, but I expect a member will be along shortly, who knows about these things. Incidentally, why not employ an electrician with the suitable skills and expertise for this type of install?

I take it this is not the Royal 'we' in this case, i.e. you do actually have an electrician, and not doing it yourself. :)

When you employed this Electrician to carry out the work you needed,did you explain exactly what you needed?
How much were you charged, did the price he quoted inclusive of All the parts needed? it sounds on the face of it, that this Electrician does not know what he is doing, or he is a cowboy trying it on, or, which I hope I'm wrong, you are doing the work yourself and have reached an impasse where you are unsure of what to do next. Sorry if my reply sounds as if I'm having a dig at you, but it's not the case. Your post does sound as though you have some idea of what is required
I have no idea, but I expect a member will be along shortly, who knows about these things. Incidentally, why not employ an electrician with the suitable skills and expertise for this type of install?

I take it this is not the Royal 'we' in this case, i.e. you do actually have an electrician, and not doing it yourself. :)
I did actually think exactly the same as you, but was unsure how to put it to the poster, went into print but got into a ramble, your post says it all.

No disrespect to your recently qualified electrician but I think this job at the moment may be exceeding his level of expertise or any recently qualified person at the moment. Do yourself a favour and get someone in who has knowledge of your requirements and they will tell YOU the best course of action or I feel we may be hearing from you again in the not too distant future.

Ha thats quick. I just looking for the best way to do this. it's a new build house and my electrician has been very good price and work wise. He's happy doing this last bit but I want to be happy it's going to work in terms of boiler cycling and providing heat to the right section of thermal store when the central heating is on and also provide dhw (this is what he not sure about and I happily agreed to research and give a solution to how I wanted it wired). I'm guessing you don't have an answer to this?
Many Thanks

Do yourself a favour and get someone in who has knowledge of your requirements and they will tell YOU the best course of action or I feel we may be hearing from you again in the not too distant future.
Absolutely - getting a design "off the Internet" is perhaps not the best. If I understand correctly this involves pressurised hw and so perhaps they should be G3 qualified as well?

The work is an extra as the openvented cylinder has been installed by renewable heating compamy and now works perfectly with pumped wood burner and solar thermal panels(these guys were cowboys and were also not certified to fit lpg but that another story). The lpg boiler is a backup. I have Read many stories of thermal stores not working as planned so I have researched how i want it to be heated and just want my thoughts on the wiring confirmed and when i'm looking at relays to buy i' m struggling to see what is suitable

It seems to me that with all these self build/new build projects, they all have a limiting factor - cost. Seems you've already employed a contractor who has no expertise in their field.

I personally, would bite the bullet, and employ somebody who knows what they are doing. Research, www and small amount of knowledge, eventually it will go pear shape IMO.

Reply to Latching relay circuit for thermal store in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock