Discuss Latest on-line scam to watch out for in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pjcomp

Had this in my inbox today - something else to watch out for:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear Sir/Madam!
We have prepared your annual kWh usage report for the year 2013. We have to inform you that your electricity consumption limit has been exceeded.
If you wish to use a discounted energy tariff, please, discharge the indebtedness. To view your updated electricity bill, please, click here

Bye for now
Accounting Control Division
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You wouldn't think anyone would fall for it, would you - bet they do

pj

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats how these 'clever' scumsuckers make money, not like you or i, crawling under filthy floors and through cough inducing lofts, doing 14 hour days, no, by phishing hundreds of thousands of email addresses and sending that virus type thing to them because amongst each 100 thousand there will be inevitably, 3 or 4 deers in the headlights that click on it and enter there bank details/ pin number, etc.

probably more vulnerable members of our society, like the older generation, yeah, thats it the generation that lost millions because they fought to the death to allow us to be free.

the people that send that stuff should be terminated!

Thats how these 'clever' scumsuckers make money, not like you or i, crawling under filthy floors and through cough inducing lofts, doing 14 hour days, no, by phishing hundreds of thousands of email addresses and sending that virus type thing to them because amongst each 100 thousand there will be inevitably, 3 or 4 deers in the headlights that click on it and enter there bank details/ pin number, etc.

probably more vulnerable members of our society, like the older generation, yeah, thats it the generation that lost millions because they fought to the death to allow us to be free.

or lightsabred

It mohr not be a site where you enter your bank details. There are lots of emails with a zip file attached, that when you open it it encrypts all your files and then you have to pay to get the encryption key.

Yeah heard about that one Spoon.

Used to discuss with some mates about if we caught a burgular, how long we'd leave it until calling the cops, or just tie him up in the garage on the estate for a few days and release some tension.

I had one today that informed me I have to appear in court for computer software fraud (oh the irony) in New York on the 28th. It urged me to download and read the attached files pertaining to my case before I attended.

:nonod:

I heard about the one where you have to pay £400 a year. You know where this is going :)

The encryption one we got told about at work. They look like they come from the post office, telling you that they have received a parcel for you and can you fill in the form (the attached zip file) to get it.
It does remind me that its been a bit since I backed up my stuff.
I got two over the xmas period. I dont open files from anyone. If anyone want to send me a file to my home email address they let me know that they are sending it and then I know its not some virus.

Changing the subject slightly but whats with all the scam phone calls now. Its getting worse. I'm used to some pillock who can barely speak English ringing me and telling me that I have a virus on my phone but a few days ago I got one from a nice sounding woman who asked if I did industrial work. When I asked what this was about she just hung up.

yes but would you use an armoured or a pyro gland?lol

Well I have inherited $8,000,000 from a Nigerian benefactor who has seen my fb profile and decided I am the chosen one. :whatchutalkingabout...............
provided I fill in the online claim form together with my name, address, bank sort code, password, bank account number and blood group, they will transfer the said cash from anytime between now and the summer solstice. :dita:

Reply to Latest on-line scam to watch out for in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net