• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Latest version of 17th Edition in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, long time viewer of the forum, too shy to post. I'm going into my 3rd year of college HNC and Ive been advised to do the 17th Edition as well, so I'm on here wondering if anyone has a spare copy or a copy of the 17th Edition they no longer need.

I'm not looking a handout by any means just perhaps a cheaper alternative to buying brand new.

If anyone could help then stick a reply below. Need posted to Belfast as well so if you can factor that into the price that would be perfect.

Thanks Alan

If it the BYG your after then you will have to buy a new one, it's something you do not just read once you have it for reference and keep it until the regs get changed and then buy a new one

If it the BYG your after then you will have to buy a new one, it's something you do not just read once you have it for reference and keep it until the regs get changed and then buy a new one

More hoping someone has a spare copy of it after being given one by a wholesaler for buying loads of products. I have the green one, but its now worthless for the course. Ill stick in on eBay and use the funds from it to part fund the purchase of the yellow version.

More hoping someone has a spare copy of it after being given one by a wholesaler for buying loads of products. I have the green one, but its now worthless for the course. Ill stick in on eBay and use the funds from it to part fund the purchase of the yellow version.

The most I have been given is a cup of tea and that's after spending £3k in one go it's only the big boys that get the coffee

The most I have been given is a cup of tea and that's after spending £3k in one go it's only the big boys that get the coffee

Bit tight by the sounds of it. My boss got given a BYB by Wilts just for buying a few hundred quids worth of materials for a rewire we are doing. There is a line of wholesalers all in competition with each other on the same road though to be fair.

Bit tight by the sounds of it. My boss got given a BYB by Wilts just for buying a few hundred quids worth of materials for a rewire we are doing. There is a line of wholesalers all in competition with each other on the same road though to be fair.

I managed to get 17th edition course for free and the BYB from my college due to them not having a tutor for most of my 2nd year it was a joke, they used agency workers who just read from the book and had no knowledge so I stood my ground complained my arse of as paid 3.5k for course, still had to buy the small yellow onsite guide though but that was 23 squid so worked out nicely for me.

I managed to get 17th edition course for free and the BYB from my college due to them not having a tutor for most of my 2nd year it was a joke, they used agency workers who just read from the book and had no knowledge so I stood my ground complained my arse of as paid 3.5k for course, still had to buy the small yellow onsite guide though but that was 23 squid so worked out nicely for me.

We got given the 2394/5 at our college for £150 all in for them not having a site assessor for a few months, The beauty is i was off sick with a broken leg at the time so it bided me some time. Passed the 2394/5 first go as well so happy days.

It's nice when bad situations work out positively. :hurray:

Be very weary too , the last few editions were copied illegally and flooded the market but had numerous errors to the point they were un-usable, it caught out many a student and professional looking for a deal - Buy from a reputable source and don't get tempted by what looks like a deal offbay etc unless you can confirm the source as legit.

Unfortunately its the bane of the industry having to fork out for the reg's every 2-3 yrs and in my honest opinion its highly unlikely you will find a copy at reduced price unless fate has rendered a owner a blow and he can no longer trade/work and (s)he has had to hang their hat up.

Reply to Latest version of 17th Edition in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net