Discuss Learning in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Resu

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, we are looking to get a bit more into satellite stuff. When first fixing we will run all the coax's etc, but that's as far as we go.

What I'd like to know is if there is anything decent online or any decent books worth buying. We're just looking to get to know a bit more of the background of it as obviously most of it is simple enough!

Cheers in advance!

Hi all, we are looking to get a bit more into satellite stuff. When first fixing we will run all the coax's etc, but that's as far as we go.

What I'd like to know is if there is anything decent online or any decent books worth buying. We're just looking to get to know a bit more of the background of it as obviously most of it is simple enough!

Cheers in advance!

What sort of "satellite stuff" TV or data or both

Sorry should have said TV, mostly sky or freesat. There are no official sky installers in our area so thought it would potentially be something good to get into

It's relatively easy to set up a satellite dish for TV

Sites like this make the site survey easier. Sky is broadcast from the Astra 2A satellite

It might be worth getting some cheap kit and get some practice setting it up

As far as I'm aware working for sky directly doesn't leave you enough time to do the job properly.

Adding in into a job you are already doing and setting up for freesat is a skill worth having though.

As far as I'm aware working for sky directly doesn't leave you enough time to do the job properly.

Adding in into a job you are already doing and setting up for freesat is a skill worth having though.

That's why you find so many sky installed dishes are not fully lined up and receiving the best signal

Reply to Learning in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock