Discuss LED Bathroom Mirror - Lights not functioning in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
LED Bathroom mirror was left on overnight and the LEDs now fail to illuminate. The mirror has a built in heater and this seems to still be working as is the on/off sensor. I have thought that maybe the LED converter (SLT15-24VF-1) has malfunctioned, but trying to source one of these I have found impossible.

Any thoughts?

Find your receipt and see what warranties you have! LED would not normally expire just for being left on.

The LED converter may have overheated and its over temperature protection has shut it down.
Leave the mirror turned off for a while to cool down and see if it resets.

Sorry, have I said something wrong here Archy? Yes, I have taken a while to get round to fixing it, which is humerous, but if you can't help me I'll buy a new one. Thanks for your help!!

Which is why some members of the general public dont like calling electricians .....FFS guys these are potential future clients.

As the OP asked the LED part not working what has RCD protection got to do with it. Ive said it before why be so cocky to potential customers and yes i do think the general public read the forum and what an impresion they must get from some members.
I wonder if the circuit has RCD protection?

I fit a lot of led lights in shop display lights, buy your self a 60w or 5a led driver off eBay for about 7 quid if it's the sort of mirror, heater, light, shaver type I'm thinking of you'll be able to remove the old and glue one of these in. Job done

Which is why some members of the general public dont like calling electricians .....FFS guys these are potential future clients.

I’m glad I’ve never had to deal with the public electrically.

Customer; “I’ve taken it to pieces, can you fix it?”

As the OP asked the LED part not working what has RCD protection got to do with it. Ive said it before why be so cocky to potential customers and yes i do think the general public read the forum and what an impresion they must get from some members.
To be honest with you, I believe that the OP probably installed the mirror themselves.
Fairly certain, that if it had been installed by a tradesman, the OP would not have waited 6 months before asking for advice on a forum, but would have been straight on to the tradesman.
Hopefully, the OP will now be thinking "RDC what? I wonder what else I haven't done right? This time I'd better call an elecrician."

I recently got called to a cooker fault.
The customer had connected the cooker cable to the CCU, but had left so much slack cable in the back box that the neutral conductor was caught between the back box and a screw. fortunately the circuit was protected by an RCD.

I also have damaged one of the led strips in one of these, their only on pcb board and wired in series. Awkward trying to hold the mirror and plug heater element in, some how hot this caught round the LEDs.

I fit a lot of led lights in shop display lights, buy your self a 60w or 5a led driver off eBay for about 7 quid if it's the sort of mirror, heater, light, shaver type I'm thinking of you'll be able to remove the old and glue one of these in. Job done

Electric Will - Thanks for your reply that basically let me know that a LED converter is also called an LED driver, made finding what I need much easier. Took me 10 minutes to replace.
For those who felt the need to mock or presume, I hope you don't go into your customers properties with that attitude.

Reply to LED Bathroom Mirror - Lights not functioning in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock