Discuss led bulbs damaged ? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi called to job today where the bulbs were changed to LED gu10 x4 a few weeks ago .
the customer said that they all failed at the same time .
removed and fitted halogen and all was good .
took these back out and looked a bit further into the wiring and found that the switch was in the neutral .

rejigged the wiring so that the switch was in the live and fitted new LED bulbs .

am i right in assuming that the electronics in the bulbs didn't like having a missing neutral and over a period of time they failed ?
best regards

I'm not sure that switching the neutral would cause them all to fail. Were there other appliances or lighting in the house that were damaged around the same time?

They were not non dimmable LEDs that had been put on a dimmer and then the customer changed out the switch before you came?
I would be tending to some sort of power surge or the like for them all to fail simultaneously.

Reply to led bulbs damaged ? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Great forum with lots of advice read and greatly received over the years! I have a question here that I am hopeful somebody here can...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, I've used this forum for advice many times but this is my first time posting so I hope that this community can help! We're...
Replies
Views
I purchased a house that has a really cool 12v halogen setup where two wires are suspended across the ceiling in two different locations, and each...
Replies
Views
Done a job yesterday, remove old 12v halogens and replace with mains, gu10 downlights. Fitted some LED gu10's no issues. Got a call today saying...
Replies
Views
My kitchen has track lighting. It consists of three halogen light bulbs. I've had the fixture for more than 25 years with no issues. Last night...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock