Discuss LED ceiling tiles startup current in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been asked to quote a shop fit out that will have 52x 45w LED ceiling tiles overall. they would like 12 switched at a time if possible, but on a previous job I only had 6 on one switch and had to use a 10A C-type MCB just to sto pthem tripping out on startup. I was thinking of wiring them in 2.5 and using a 20A C-type for each bank of 12 unless anyone else has any other clever ideas?

Cheers,
Joel.

As above, the manufacturer should be able to supply inrush current data to help with your calcs.

Switching via contactors would be the obvious solution to large switchways.

I have been asked to quote a shop fit out that will have 52x 45w LED ceiling tiles overall. they would like 12 switched at a time if possible, but on a previous job I only had 6 on one switch and had to use a 10A C-type MCB just to sto pthem tripping out on startup. I was thinking of wiring them in 2.5 and using a 20A C-type for each bank of 12 unless anyone else has any other clever ideas?

Cheers,
Joel.
We did an office block with hundreds of those exact lights a few months back and had around 10 on each PIR, they were on c rated MCBs and we never had any issues.

I need to get a definate answer on which tile they want. Going on 1.5A inrush though to switch 12 at a time I'm going to need a 16A ish.. possibly going to go the contactor route.. typically they are happy to spend over £5000 on ceiling tiles but want to question every other minor point on my pricing...

Reply to LED ceiling tiles startup current in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am upgrading garage lighting. I have installed 12 40W batten lights (cheap Amazon variety - don’t have specs). 6A breaker in Garage consumer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just trying to get my head around designing circuits with high bays, in particular the inrush current from these lights. So say I've...
Replies
Views
Hi I wonder if you can help In a rented property the kitchen has around 10 GU 10 halogen lights the tenant decided to replace these lights with...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newbie here so please bear with me if I haven't provided all the details. I am not an electrician but my dad was and my cousin are so I know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have come across two problems today well acutely three so I will list them first.. 1st Testing a 4mm radial circuit today or so I...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock