• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss LED PIR security light with manual/pulse override in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I want to replace a cheap and nasty Halogen light with a LED one that should lastat least 10 years.
With the Halogen one, it can be triggered to switch on for its preset period by interrupting the supply to it, when dark, for about 5 or more seconds. I don't want what appears to be the common manual override which switches the light on permanently until daylight.
Additionally it needs to have an L1 terminal to operate as slave.
Do you know of any that meet that spec?

Bob

Interesting one that,never really seen anything on market for that operation,you may need a latching/flip flop relay then a push to make retrative switch.

Put up an NVC 10W LED one the other day with built-in PIR and manual override function and settings adjustment on a small remote control.
Not sure if the override has the option to be timed though.
Had factory fitted three-core flex for permanent feed and the rest is done inside the unit. I don't know enough about the various brands to recommend one over another but just posted this as it may be an option and I believe they are not very expensive.
NVC Lighting Products - http://www.nvcuk.com/lighting/flood-lights/odessa

Well blow me down. Had a job this week, to fit two PIR Led flood lights for a friend. Wiring already installed, just fit the luminaires. Picked up one from my wholesalers, the NVC one!

Interestingly, it was more sensitive to activation towards the sensor than across it, which wasn't appropriate in this install, and only had sensitivity at 4m, rather than the suggested 8m (at 2.3m height). So that went back, how did you get on soms?

Well blow me down. Had a job this week, to fit two PIR Led flood lights for a friend. Wiring already installed, just fit the luminaires. Picked up one from my wholesalers, the NVC one!

Interestingly, it was more sensitive to activation towards the sensor than across it, which wasn't appropriate in this install, and only had sensitivity at 4m, rather than the suggested 8m (at 2.3m height). So that went back, how did you get on soms?

The performance seemed good enough for our install as it was above a back door into a patio/garden area on a housing estate and the distances from which it could be approached from the sides were not very large.

Hmmm, cheers. My activation route was from the sides, had to be within 1 metre to activate in that mode. Face on, was only 4m, as I said. Liked the small remote. Called their technical, who couldn't advise. Dunno if the one I had was faulty? I noted the PIR was quite narrow, and moved with the light.

Reply to LED PIR security light with manual/pulse override in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back