Discuss LED Tape & motion sensors in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

fultunni

Hi. I would really really appreciate help on this as I need advice please.

I am going to fit LED tape inside my sliding wardrobe doors so they come on from the 2 motion sensors when doors open.

I have bought 2 of the below motion sensors to be fit at each end of the wardrobe:
Mini PIR Infra Red Movement Sensor Switch - Silver

I bought 7metres of LED tape with the below 35w transformer:
https://www.instyleled.co.uk/35-watt-mean-well-transformer-ip67

I need to please know how I connect the LED tape to the 2 motion sensors and the transformer and if any junction box needed etc...

Thanks so much in advanced.

You say you're an Engineer in your profile, how much electrical knowledge/experience do you have?

Is the PIR and LED system replacing an existing light fitting with a switch or is this a new installation?

sorry, I am a software engineer, not electrical :)
This is a new installation so fitting the LED tape in the wardrobe for first time with the 2 motion sensors & transformer, to be connected and plugged into a wall socket/ plug.
Many thanks in advanced.

Any faffing with mains voltage electricity should be undertaken by a competent person.

for sure I appreciate that. This is low power LED lights connected to a 35w transformer and link above shows diagram but would like advice please on how to connect 2 of the motion sensors to the LED tape. Thanks in advance if someone like to share their advice

Why have you got two motion sensors? Will there be 2 x transformers and 2x strips of LED lights or are you wanting to control a single transformer from two PIR sensors?

Yes I aske the manufacturer of the sensors and said fine to run 2 sensors on 1 strip of LED Lights. The 35w transformer is suitable for the 1 piece of 7m LED tape, which is 5w per metre. The reason for the 2 PIR sensors is the sensor range is 2.5m and the wardrobe sliding doors length is greater so a sensor at each end of the wardrobe so either is activated when motion detected from door opening and the 7m LED tape is turned on. Really appreciate advice on how to connect the 2 sensors to the LED tape and transformer, then to mains plug. Thank you

Supply each PIR with the same incoming supply preferably from a switched supply so that lights can be turned off if required.
Take the output of one PIR to the same output terminals on the other PIR i.e. parallel the outputs, also connect in the 230V input side of the LED driver to the second PIR sensor output terminals.
Connect the output of the LED driver to the LED tape.

Reply to LED Tape & motion sensors in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock