Discuss Ledhut 5 year warranty in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Andy78

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I started getting products from ledhut last November. One of their selling points is their 5 year warranty on all products which they advertise heavily on their website.
I discovered however that their standard warranty is only 2 years and the 5 year is only available upon application. The rigmarole involves printing out a warranty form, filling it in, and sending it off via the post.

I have done this with all products I have purchased since finding out and was assured all previous products would be warranted also, but have yet to receive any confirmation of any extended warranty.

I did have one issue with one order which involved many replacements and eventually a full batch replacement so I am quite keen to get these items covered by this extended warranty.

I have been on at them time and time again, and next week might be trading standards time.

Has anyone else received an extended warranty confirmation from ledhut or is it just a myth ?

Never knew this like you just assumed it was standard 5 year

Had a few things off them touch wood everything's been ok

don't think there cheaper then wholesalers though

I can't speak of anything to do with 'extended' warranties / paperwork etc as I've also not known or done, but what I can say is that on the couple of occasions when I've had issue with something from them, they've not quibbled at all and have sent replacements out and not asked for the originals back in order to save the carriage. On that basis, I can't complain at all.

Me too Rockingit.. I have always found them extremely helpful and eager to issue replacements. I too can't knock them for this at all. Their GU10 lamps which make up the bulk of my purchases from them cannot be faulted either. Customer service is top notch.

The problem I have is a batch of fittings I got from them that proved faulty. Within 6 months over half of the batch of 27 had failed, and after piecemeal replacements they agreed to issue a batch replacement. One of the new batch was faulty out of the box and the original order is coming up to a year old.
You can see why I would be anxious to get confirmation of the advertised 5 year warranty and not just 2 years in this instance.

I feel like I am being fobbed off in this case and in conversation with them, I get the impression that the 5 year warranty is something that they have never had to prove to a customer before. They don't seem to know much about it at all.

Me too Rockingit.. I have always found them extremely helpful and eager to issue replacements. I too can't knock them for this at all. Their GU10 lamps which make up the bulk of my purchases from them cannot be faulted either. Customer service is top notch.

The problem I have is a batch of fittings I got from them that proved faulty. Within 6 months over half of the batch of 27 had failed, and after piecemeal replacements they agreed to issue a batch replacement. One of the new batch was faulty out of the box and the original order is coming up to a year old.
You can see why I would be anxious to get confirmation of the advertised 5 year warranty and not just 2 years in this instance.

I feel like I am being fobbed off in this case and in conversation with them, I get the impression that the 5 year warranty is something that they have never had to prove to a customer before. They don't seem to know much about it at all.

If you are not happy, ring them up, get the name of the MD and write to him in person...

My name is John Walsh I am one of the Managers at LedHut, I would be more then happy to discuss the issues you have been having could you please email me your contact details & a suitable time to discuss the issues in question, my direct email address is [email protected] I will look forward to speaking to you soon. Best regards

John Walsh

That would seem like good customer service !

That would seem like good customer service !

It is indeed. I didn't see that post and will be emailing John to thank him for his offer. All has now been sorted with them and 5 year warranty has been confirmed for all the products I have purchased from them.

My name is John Walsh I am one of the Managers at LedHut, I would be more then happy to discuss the issues you have been having could you please email me your contact details & a suitable time to discuss the issues in question, my direct email address is [email protected] I will look forward to speaking to you soon. Best regards

John Walsh
It's a shame the scams dont respond like this! That would be customer service.

I've used the LED hut loads and have never had issues with products. Although I never buy down lighters from them. Hager, Robus or JCC only.

It's a shame the scams dont respond like this! That would be customer service.

I've used the LED hut loads and have never had issues with products. Although I never buy down lighters from them. Hager, Robus or JCC only.

I have used them for a number of years, only had to problems with two items, exchanged quickly with little fuss or drama.
I dont purchase my LED's from anywhere else.

I think that was a bold and impressive reply from a manager of Led Hut.....hats off to their customer service, and hope the outcome is good

the lamps all state 5 year warrenty in there specs so i think it will be an error if you dont get it sent in writing on new orders.

ive just ordered 5 as a trial and getting more soon of the same if they look ok

Yes all sorted now guys. The warranty was confirmed in writing for me.

Shanky... The 5 year warranty is only available if you print off a form, fill it in and send it back. Its a standard of 2 years otherwise. Details of this are at the bottom of their website. My forms had apparently been going missing in the office.

Hi all
I have had a similar problem with LED HUT. I installed 3 of their 20W floodlights and two of the PIRs have failed after just over 2 years. I thought that they had a 5 year guarantee and they refused to replace them because I had not filled in the form!!
I have stopped buying from them.

Reply to Ledhut 5 year warranty in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net