Discuss Ledhut 5 year warranty in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi all
I have had a similar problem with LED HUT. I installed 3 of their 20W floodlights and two of the PIRs have failed after just over 2 years. I thought that they had a 5 year guarantee and they refused to replace them because I had not filled in the form!!
I have stopped buying from them.
its usually the pir that go first, cant beat separate

I've had the same twice with them. I have purchased hundreds of pounds worth of stuff from them when I first moved in to my home in 2013, and sent the registration forms for all of the items that qualified but of course never got any confirmation until I needed to ask for replacements...

To me the extended warranty thing is almost like a scam, there’s no proof for the customer to confirm whether it is registered correctly until they need it only to be told it’s expired. Why can’t they just make all lumilife 5 years automatically?! The fact that you have 5 years warranty as a permanent tag on their website and one of the first things that people see on the site borders misrep in my views. Most brands will simply not require a warranty registration as long as you can produce the proof of purchase, and warranty would be automatic, why advertise 5 years when you actually try to get out of offering it by placing the burden of getting it registered on the customer to have to read the small prints, fill out a stupid form, pay postage to send it REGISTERED before it’s guaranteed to activate…?! (I'm only guessing sending by registered will get somewhere, but who knows, you'll still need to dig out that post office receipt when you need to claim after say 3 years...) That’s enough reason for me to look elsewhere to be honest and not recommend LED hut.

I did recommend LED hut to a few friends a couple years back, but now have stopped as 1 of them had also had the same experience, getting bulb replacement refused because customer service is uninterested in replacing a £2.50 bulb and reply with a standard go to our returns page email, which I did but the site of course says my warranty has expired and we never hear from them again…

Well done LED Hut for the response. I suspect this warranty offer style isn't limited to them.

As this thread started two years ago, perhaps the warranty T&C's have altered?

'Terms & Conditions 1. This is not automatic extended cover and will only be valid if registration is received within the allocated time frame. All registrations must be received within 180 days of date of purchase. Failure to register any bulbs will render this offer null and void and a standard two year manufacturer’s warranty will apply†. 2. This promotion only applies to LED Spot Lights and LED Bulbs product range - and excludes all End of Line and Sale stock items. 3. End of line products are eligible for 180 days from date of discontinuation. Registrations must still be registered within the correct timeframe (180 days of date of purchase) to qualify for the promotional warranty. 4. This promotion excludes the Republic of Ireland. 5. In the event of a claim, proof of purchase will be required to validate all periods of cover and to authorise any parts required. 6. The company is not responsible for application forms delayed or lost in transit. 7. The warranty is non-transferable between LED Spot Lights / Bulbs or persons or property. 8. For a full list of terms and conditions of the warranty please refer to our website
† LED Hut's LED Spot Light and LED Bulb range are automatically covered against breakdown due to a manufacturing fault or failure for two years from the date of purchase'

Seems you have to prove somehow, they have received your application for the extended warranty? Perhaps Mr Walsh can explain?

I had suggested to them that an email system, or a website based option would be more suitable to activate the 5 year warranty, especially for trade customers.

They didn't seem to think that was possible.

I expect you'll know the likes of JCC, respond with an email as proof of an extended warranty application. So clearly it is possible. Must say I wouldn't be confident of using their products, and 'selling' their extended warranty to my customers. That said, I have some of their LED lamps in my house, which are over 7 years old. I waiting for them to pack up, so I can replace them with something more modern!

Every time an LED Hut rep calls me I berate them about the '5 year warranty'. It's just unnecessary hassle for the installer. If they just kept track of batch numbers when they sent out items, it could be entirely automatic.

Or just follow TLC (other electrical suppliers are available); all you need is the original order number, which you'd be keeping anyway for your accounts.

Yes all sorted now guys. The warranty was confirmed in writing for me.

Shanky... The 5 year warranty is only available if you print off a form, fill it in and send it back. Its a standard of 2 years otherwise. Details of this are at the bottom of their website. My forms had apparently been going missing in the office.

Suspiciously gone missing for all my 5 orders totally £400+ over the years I guess! Beginning to think they're by default stacked in a corner, until someone complains

Have used led hut for several years. I have had a faulty batch which they have always swapped and customer is happy to change them piecemeal.

Never had a problem with them, customer service good. I place the 5 year registration on the customer handing them the paperwork and telling them to fill in their details. I will swap up to 2 years after that if the customer has registered their details it's up to them.

Has worked for me so far

Have used led hut for several years. I have had a faulty batch which they have always swapped and customer is happy to change them piecemeal.

Never had a problem with them, customer service good. I place the 5 year registration on the customer handing them the paperwork and telling them to fill in their details. I will swap up to 2 years after that if the customer has registered their details it's up to them.

Has worked for me so far
Had a number of faulty items from ledhut over the last 3 years. They have always replaced without quibble but it can be a little difficult to get them to process the replacement at times..At least by email anyway.

Reply to Ledhut 5 year warranty in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net