Discuss Light flicker now and then in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The dimmer is an integral part of the circuit whether derived from ring or lighting.
I will I will. I just can't see why the dimmer would make them flicker when the supply voltage on the light ring is independent from the sockets. If they are on a completely different loop, how can they effect one another?

OK so believe its the dimmer. Had the normal rocker switch on for two days now and not a single flicker. Will have to start shopping for a new dimmer that also looks fancy.
Read a bit about it before you buy. Know the cumulative wattage and look for a dimmer that works with LEDs. Fitted a BG yesterday that has adjustment to the load so adjust if it doesn't turn on immediately so I quests that adjustment is in the leading/trailing edge. Varilight do a range dealing with the number of LEDs used and have tech in it taking into account the 'no load' aspect of LED technology.
Glad it was proved with the simple light switch.

OK so believe its the dimmer. Had the normal rocker switch on for two days now and not a single flicker. Will have to start shopping for a new dimmer that also looks fancy.

Thanks everyone.

The varilight LED dimmers are good but make sure you read the instructions as there can be an element of programming.

Reply to Light flicker now and then in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am not an electrician but am looking for some advice as to how to fix my sporadic light flickering problem that has come and gone for the year...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
First time poster here seeking a little advice/confirmation I have spurred off to a fused switch and from there running two 2.5mm cables to the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just joined the forum, have a weird problem, wondering if I could get some ideas. We built our house about 6 years ago. The downstairs...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock