Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Light switch question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Edtwozeronine

Edtwozeronine Active EF Member

I was on a site yesterday doing work experience.

The head honcho was wiring in a double switch that seemed to have 2 commons, 2 L1s and 2 L2s.

There were 6 terminations mostly in brown 2 browns with brown tape (I assume the switch lives?) And one was grey.

Apart from the taped browns how did he tell what was what?

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong? What should it look like?

Sorry for the uber n00b question...

2. Paul.M

Paul.M Trusted Advisor

Going by the above description, this is the 2nd switch on a 2 gang switch in a 3way/intermediate switching arrangement?

Have a look at your notes from collage or google a drawing. Look at each circuit at a time and then think about the cables for both in the same back box to a 2 gang switch???

3. Edtwozeronine

Edtwozeronine Active EF Member