Discuss Light switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i think you'll find that you need the services of an electrician. you new switch appears to be a remote operated switch that can switch 3 separate loads. some rearranegement of the wiring is needed.

i think you'll find that you need the services of an electrician. you new switch appears to be a remote operated switch that can switch 3 separate loads. some rearranegement of the wiring is needed.
Thank you for your reply.
That's what i was afraid of haha.
Would you have any idea if such service is expensive for just one switch?
Because I just bought the switch to try out something new. But I don't want to spend to much on this joke.
Thanks in advance

any decent spark should be able to sort that one way or another for the cost of a call-out. if he's local to you, should only be around £40 - £45 inclusive of up to an hour on site.

i'll make a stab at it from the pics, but no gurantees.
first, isolate and prove dead.

then.. from your top pic., the 2 browns in L1 go into L of the new switch. remove and discard the links between the 3 switches.

then the 3 cables in the top of the switches go into L1, L2, and L3 of the new switch, respectively.

i'll make a stab at it from the pics, but no gurantees.
first, isolate and prove dead.

then.. from your top pic., the 2 browns in L1 go into L of the new switch. remove and discard the links between the 3 switches.

then the 3 cables in the top of the switches go into L1, L2, and L3 of the new switch, respectively.
Thank you very much for your help.
I've tried it as you told so, and it works perfectly. Saved me the costs of a electrician.
Thanks!
Now I have the next problem, the new switch does not really fit on the current screw positions. Would you have any ideas/recommendations on how to get the switch on the wall?
Like with tape or something?

those keyhole slots should fit. looking at it, i think the front plate clips on, so clip it off, fit switch, don't over tighten, then clip faceplate back on.

The only thing that happens now. Is that one of the lamps is making a buzzing noise when turned on. 2 of them are perfectly fine. But the third just keeps making a buzzing noise. Would you have any idea if this has something to do with the new switch?
(maybe it has always been there, just hadn't been paying attention, but I'm not sure about it)

it's a pity that 19th century room stat spoils the effect.

The only thing that happens now. Is that one of the lamps is making a buzzing noise when turned on. 2 of them are perfectly fine. But the third just keeps making a buzzing noise. Would you have any idea if this has something to do with the new switch?
(maybe it has always been there, just hadn't been paying attention, but I'm not sure about it)
what type of lamp?

possible poor connection of bulb to lamp holder. try changing the bulb.

Reply to Light switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net