Discuss Lighting - Adding an additional downstairs hall light and two way switching in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

1shortcircuit

Today I added a new lighting point with two way switching to existing switch in a downstairs hallway.

I'm particularly pleased because I had previously struggled with this type of task as lighting/switching kinda confused me:eek: Today though, I used no diagrams and even remembered in the nick of time that I would need to isolate the upstairs lighting circuit:D

Just to confuse matters I was dealing with old and new colours.

I know this is probably very minor to many of you but for someone that has been learning the ropes like myself it feels like a great achievement.

Not quite sure that I'll get my head around intermediate switching just yet but hopefully I am one step closer:p

Thanks for reading:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done mate, if you can get your head round 2 way switching you will find rest of domestic work is pretty easy as it is just rings and or radials. on your 2 way I hope you didn't share a Neutral?
Paul

Well done mate, if you can get your head round 2 way switching you will find rest of domestic work is pretty easy as it is just rings and or radials. on your 2 way I hope you didn't share a Neutral?
Paul

Black strapper with ident to comm, brown from 1.5 and 3 core to L1 and grey and blue with ident to L2 :thumbsup

I've heard of neutral sharing and know that it's a massive NO NO but I'm not sure exactly what it is/how it would be recognised if I were to come across it???

Reply to Lighting - Adding an additional downstairs hall light and two way switching in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net