Discuss Lighting Circuit - Power at switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

What size cable are you using?

Its all 1.5mm Cables, Thanks for the link.

As a matter of interest what is this theory study for.

I am planning on a career change to Qualify as a DI, then move onto commercial/industrial later on. I am doing as much home study as I can before I enrol on one of the tradeskills4u courses.

I figure the more I know in advance the better, I'm looking at the course for somewhere around February/march time and then plan to gain work as a mate/assistant or go self employed.

I also have the OSG and the Guide to building regulations which I'm Reading through.

Looking at the big yellow book next.

I'm sure there will be plenty of comments regarding the use of a training company good and bad but thats the plan for now.

Hi and welcome
To add to Pat H post the outer pvc sheath of the cables have been damaged due to the knockouts on the patress box not being cleaned up. Always try to make a clean point of entry i.e no sharp edges a small file is handy for this. 10mm of the outer sheath of the cable inside the box is a good standard to work to and you will find the stripped back cable much easier to work with and makes for a neater finished job. No faceplate either switches or sockets should have to be forced into place and having to much outer sheath inside the patress box is a common cause of this.
Good luck with the future career change although i would suggest reading a few posts on this forum about the DI courses available and the actual prospects after completion.

Reply to Lighting Circuit - Power at switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net