Discuss Lighting for Art school ideas and thoughts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

The Ghost

Just got involved in an Art school that wants a CRI of 95 in some areas and other colour renderings on movable lights perhaps on catenary or maybe scaffold arrangement. I am keen to get involved in this project as I am interested in lighting (I love it!) Thinking of LED products initially. So would be interested in any ideas around different types of lighting for Art. Has to have a low UGR full spectrum colours and possible different colour renderings split into artists easels (full spectrum) and subject matter (various colour renderings) being painted by budding artists. Any thoughts? Ideas? The room is 12m x 11m with stained glass windows affecting colour. Windows are about 7m high and 3m wide 3 of them. Above are LED panels about 6m high. There are RSJs going up the walls holding the mezzanine above and RSJs' going across to support the mezzanine above. I am going now to put up a tower and investigate possible fixing points will post some piccys later.

Just a suggestion ,and I know it could have user complications .
I used to have a photographic studio and had free standing 'snood' lighting changed by adding colour filters to create mood.
That is a very brief description , but maybe you could vary on that.
It may keep unit costs down, and add to user creativity.

I'd be tempted with Zumtobel’s Arcos LED tunablw white fittings or look for fittings with xicato artist series modules.

How movable does it need to be? Track lighting is reasonably movable for a fixed installation.
ETC make some track mount fittings that give good colour rendering And control from an LED source.

Yep some really good leads there thanks a lot for your contributions should be able to rig something from ETC exactly what the client is look for. Also Xicato is right on the money.

Xicato modules have proved very reliable, XAL Austria TImo 80 is based on the XSM module therefor should be available with the artist series XSM but may be special order. The TIMO 80 is a track fitting aswell.

There are many more, this one is an Irish company 709 (4000lm) - Track Lights - XICATO - http://xdledlighting.com/index.php/xicato/track-lights/led-architectural-landscape-lamp2.html

Also mike stoane based in Edinburgh he'd tom have many fittings based on the Xicato XSM but may have moved to the new Xim generation 4 LED's.

I also have a keen interest in lighting and was heavily involved in it in my last job deigning fibre optic light sources for museum display lighting as well as full colour sources.

Last edited:
My advice would be get your local wholesaler lighting expert to do the design. The wholesaler I use ( edmundsons ) will design it and spec the fittings. They don't just go for one brand of fitting they will choose the best fitting for each location. Good service and the best part it's free.

Reply to Lighting for Art school ideas and thoughts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock