Discuss Lightmate adaptor for low energy pendants in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lamb

Is anyone able to source a "lightmate" testing adaptor for low energy pendants. Been struggling to find one on the net.
Thanks.

Yes, one of those that will fit into MEM BC3 bayonets which are fitted on all new builds.
They are designed to only accept CFL bayonet lamps.

I wonder if with a little bit of buggering about with an old bc3 bulb, hacksaw, soldering iron and some sleeving you might be able to make your own adaptor - then go into mass production and make a fortune :D

Just change them to 2 pin versions n get cheap lamps from Morrisons

**************** Nanny state they will b checkin the ammount of loo paper you use soon

I wonder if with a little bit of buggering about with an old bc3 bulb, hacksaw, soldering iron and some sleeving you might be able to make your own adaptor - then go into mass production and make a fortune :D

Like that idea :)

That's the pint I could have almost bought with the money I would have saved if I'd gone to eBay.co.uk :D

Just down the road from me aswell in York.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lightmate adaptor for low energy pendants {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Mmmmh that was good - actually making me feel thirsty now :)

but it's not as much fun as sticking your fingers in the lampholder.........:clown:

Mark,

I don't think anybody will be a happy puppy when they find their light fittings are BC3's! Certainly, where you have a length of cable hanging down with a BC3 fitting on the end, the obvious solution is to replace it with a BC2, and off you go.

That still leaves you with all the custom light fittings that have the BC3 socket riveted on etc, not so easy to change. That's where I was suggesting that a 3 pin male to 2 pin female adaptor would be handy. The sort of thing that the Chinese could knock out for 99p each. Just buy one per socket,and the first (non-BF3) bulb you buy covers your costs a few times over.

Ian

There's no need for these 'low energy only' fittings anymore anyway as the new version of Approved Document L now only requires low energy bulbs, you know, the ones you get free from british gas etc. :hurray:

Reply to Lightmate adaptor for low energy pendants in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock