Discuss Lights in house keep dimming.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

Not plugging anything in or switching anything on. The lights in the whole house randomly keep dimming.

I thought it may have just been my own house, or seemed to me at first to be a fault at the supply to my house.

I've asked the neighbours on my street and they are getting it happen to them too. So ive rang central networks who supply our electricity. They have no report of any faults in my area and said they will send someone out straight away.

Also since ringing them tonight i have spoke to other friends right accross town and it seems to be happening to them too.

So from me thinking it was just my house, then just my street or the estate i live on it now looks like its the whole town where i live.

Remember substation transformers have AVR's fitted and are somtimes slow to react to load conditions. Check your voltage levels to see if they are within limits.

Reply to Lights in house keep dimming.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views
Summary (TL;DR) Several lightbulbs in my home supplied by one circuit breaker dim over time and go out in about a year. Right now, the ceiling...
Replies
Views
I am not an electrician but am looking for some advice as to how to fix my sporadic light flickering problem that has come and gone for the year...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock