Discuss Line products connectors in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

These do seem popular. I use wagoboxes as you can get lots of cables in them, whats the Maximum number you can get in these? Why do you guys prefer these? Have they been tested as MF? Price wise I get a standard wagobox for £1.19 (inc VAT).

Last edited:
The line boxes say that they can take two 1.5mm T&E in at one end and three at the other so a total of vie cables, I am fairly sure I managed to get eight 1mm t&E in the line box on a particularly inconvenient lighting circuit.
They are preferred by me because they do not require a tool to seal or hold the cables in place, but they do require a tool to open.
They slide over the cable and can be out of the way whilst the connections are made (though hard to use on very short cables) and then close over the connection when complete.
They are rated as MF but do not have the MF mark on them, Line used to sell MF marked cable ties to seal them, but not any more.
Also they used to sell kits to make the JB IP68, this was hard to use but useful on occasion.
They can take a cable gland at either end if required, however they are difficult to fix to a surface.

Currently they are priced at £50+Vat for 50 (but they seem to be sending short numbers at the moment).

Very easy to use and fit through round holes.

ordered 50 enclosures on friday. order arrived today. 44 in box. come on LP. counting is infant school stuff.

Haha! Snap! I got 44 also Tel. Only counted them because the delivery slip said check the quantity. I emailed on Weds saying either send the remaining out or refund the difference and have heard bugger all back.

I don't think the box would have fitted 50 in it TBH. Nevertheless I am looking forward to trying them out, I can see the ______ of them from inspecting them for five mins!

Hmmm, it's a bit off if they're short supplying every order. How does it work, do you pay the courier COD for the goods or must you pay before they dispatch?

I have contacted them as I would like to buy this product but obviously a little concerned with what I'm hearing from the forum.

I got a very quick reply (the next day) which explained that one of their batches was 'short packed'. He went on to explain that the factory packs by weight and most probably the machine recalibrated incorrectly.

He also went on to say that as soon as they realised this they started putting a note in with every order from that batch to count them. Lastly he said that if any were incorrect then they would send out double the amount that were missing...

So thats 12 coming your way Tel and Gayowl, 10 for you Polo and unfortunately you were only 1 short Richard so a mere 2!

It was a polite and professional response, so I think I will place an order at some point.

They're at it. This is a breach of contract and if I don't have a satisfactory response by next Wed at the latest, I'll be on to Trading Standards. It's not the lost value per se, it's the fact that they appear to be deliberately ripping people off��
PS just saw your post hhd, so I'll hold off a while and see what happens....hopefully I will be eating humble pie!

Last edited:
Just received an email from line relating to my post #105. They have issued a refund for £14.40, which is around £7.00 more than I expected.

Whatever is going on with this company I sort of feel for them. If they have had a load of boxes weighed incorrectly they are going to be losing some money refunding everyone. Hope they get all sorted. Good on you Line.

snap. so have I. £14.40.

Mine is £12 for the "missing 5"......should I feel slighted? I'm only going to eat half of that humble pie!

No, not at all mate....your refund is spot on. With postage and vat they are £1.25 each, so you got nearly five of them for nowt in the end. A nice gesture I fink!

Get some HP sauce on that pie!!

No, not at all mate....your refund is spot on. With postage and vat they are £1.25 each, so you got nearly five of them for nowt in the end. A nice gesture I fink!

Get some HP sauce on that pie!!

Absolutely; I had the full pie in the end! Fair play to Line, they have handled the short measure problem well.

Well I've just received my order......

and I got.....

44 :D

Looks like 44 is the common amount so a weighting issue no doubt!

Reply to Line products connectors in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock