Discuss Live Testing - PEFC / PSCC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

adam1984

After a little bit of advice please

We are doing our Dead and Live Testing at college tonight. I am ok on most of it but due to not having much time to practice our live testing I need a bt of advice.

Live Test:
CCU breaker off
Prove VID - Test for dead with VID - Re-prove

Ze - remove main earthing cable - test between earth and live on incoming supply? (reconnect earth straight after)

RCD - we have a plug for that test and i am happy with the seven test we do for that.

Now the bit I am stuck on is the PFC / PSCC. I know the test (PFC Live / Earth- PSCC Live / Neutral) but do I have the breaker on or off?

Any help much appreciated and also if I have missed anything off.

Not sure how your college wants you do do the PFC tests, but I would always do them straight after the Ze test, reconnect the earth with the main switch open, installation off, test.

I'm sure that is how the college will want it done, because the CD/DB is dead apart from the switch, so less likely of you coming into contacts with live parts

Not sure how your college wants you do do the PFC tests, but I would always do them straight after the Ze test, reconnect the earth with the main switch open, installation off, test.

I'm sure that is how the college will want it done, because the CD/DB is dead apart from the switch, so less likely of you coming into contacts with live parts

Thats the way I would do it too, not teaching you to suck eggs but don't forget to record the highest reading. And don't leave the cover off unattended.

GN 3 is your friend

look at the sequence of tests and this will indicate to you what state your DB would be in at the point of testing PSCC if you follow that how can you be wrong!

Thats the way I would do it too, not teaching you to suck eggs but don't forget to record the highest reading. And don't leave the cover off unattended.

if single phase he will only have 1 result if 3 phase he needs to take the highest reading and double it!

Thanks for the responses guys. It will be a single phase installation. So if i have interprted the replies correct it will be the Main incoming swith on with the CCU breaker in the off posistion?
For my Ze I will test at the incoming live. PFC at the incoming side of the CCU breaker?
Unfortunately i have not got the regs book only my OSG and Amicus book.

Thanks for the responses guys. It will be a single phase installation. So if i have interprted the replies correct it will be the Main incoming swith on with the CCU breaker in the off posistion?
For my Ze I will test at the incoming live. PFC at the incoming side of the CCU breaker?
Unfortunately i have not got the regs book only my OSG and Amicus book.

not CCU breaker..... CCU Main Switch OFF and measure on incoming ( live ) terminals L/N and L/E.

Thanks for the help chaps, Got a Distinction for the exam and the testing / inspection paperwork.

Getting one step closer now!

Reply to Live Testing - PEFC / PSCC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock