Discuss Looking for another wholesaler in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
im a sole trader in glasgow and ive been doing some thinking. I dont like the way my current wholesaler operates (CEF) I particularly dont like the way it takes ages to get an order together if i ask for prices on the reciept. The other option is to guesstimate the price of what im buying (not always full proof)

Is there any other major wholesalers that you know of that doesnt have a problem getting the prices for things?
Like when i ask them to give me prices its a whole debacle, they have to manually input each item into their specific shop database and then the price is generated. Apparently each CEF shop has their own individual prices, so its more confusion than i appreciate.

I mean is it too much to ask to go into a shop buy a whole bunch of stuff, get an accurate reciept and then pay that money?

Just get a quote from one of the big boys, if you find it to expensive find out what your local Independent will do for you, mine even beat Electrifix

Just get a quote from one of the big boys, if you find it to expensive find out what your local Independent will do for you, mine even beat Electrifix

i know mate, its just a lot of pain in the arse shoppin around, all i really want is somewhere
a - not too far from home
b - reasonable prices (im not hell bent on saving literal pennies)
c- easy to use (clear price structure)
d - good stock room

i know mate, its just a lot of pain in the arse shoppin around, all i really want is somewhere
a - not too far from home
b - reasonable prices (im not hell bent on saving literal pennies)
c- easy to use (clear price structure)
d - good stock room

e. decent people you can work with and trust.... and don't dxck you around.

e. decent people you can work with and trust.... and don't dxck you around.
yeah thats always a bonus, although i dont feel that where i am the now has a problem in that area, i just think that the whole structure of the place is far more complicated than it needs to be, so a simple transaction ends up taking longer than it should ie. costing me money

I have a company credit card so don't care about prices I just go to the nearest wholesaler.

However I do prefer edmundsons and neweys.

I know exactly where your coming from with CEF, takes them an hour to put together a 5 item order. I dont like the staff in my local one, all of them aren't of any help nor do they come across very polite.

I switched to an independent whom i cant rate highly enough, fast orders, fast quotes very polite and always willing to help you out. Edmunsons are also very good, they usually have good stock levels and cover most bases in terms of suppliers. Steer clear of CEF i always used to leave feeling bent over, if you catch my drift.

as other have said get yourself an account with another, is there a yesss by you that can be quite good , I send an email with a list of parts to 3 whosalers and normally within a hour they come back with the prices, I guess if you are doing reative work and nead prices straight away You can use the cef online which give you a general guide to the cost of items and if you have bought them before it will show you the cost with your discount,

I used a local independent Wholesaler, courteous, quick, good at price beating and local, can't advertise so no names.
Agreed. I have my local wholesalers by my house. Go in have a laugh, get advice for the best product of what they have in/can get in and give me the best prices.

Got a bunch of 25mm 3core SWA; Customer tried sourcing it themselves "that's cheaper than we buy it in for!"

Then my second wholesaler closer to work that's open a little bit later and Saturdays aswell. Again do all they can to help and friendly too.

Reply to Looking for another wholesaler in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock